Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chance we could get an update on the exchange rate issue?

I don't feel the Canadian issue is the same. You are still buying plat at $1US per 100 plat. Same as when I buy I have to convert from New Zealand dollars.

If plat is tied to the US dollar then buying plat is almost the same as buying US dollars and im sure you don't expect a 1:1 rate on that.

The problems is that people are buying at different rates, not that the rate changes. If you don't want to buy stuff at an exchange rate then you can only really buy from your own country.

If Canadians could buy at a rate of $1:100 then I'm sure there would be a way for people in the US to buy at a more favorable rate. Is this even a Hex Entertainment decision anymore? Maybe this should be brought up on the gameforge forums.

So if I lived in a country where my dollar is worth 1/50th of a US dollar, I should still be able to get 100 plat for my country's dollar?

Is that the gist of the Canadian argument that's being made?

im just waiting for another inevitable US dollar tank so the canadian dollar equals back up, till then, no VIP for me

Devoted Emissary
    I think the gist of the Canadian argument is that if the price is pegged to the US dollar it's about 35% more expensive for Canadians to buy a booster in this game than it was 2 years ago. For some people that means Hex no longer represents value for money.

FWIW, I'm not taking a side here, but it is worth pointing out that changing the exchange rate might lose Hex some paying customers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oroniss View Post
    I think the gist of the Canadian argument is that if the price is pegged to the US dollar it's about 35% more expensive for Canadians to buy a booster in this game than it was 2 years ago. For some people that means Hex no longer represents value for money.
    This is really the argument I was making. As I said I acknowledge the larger problem that other people are discussing and the importance of it. I was merely pointing out there is another side to the issue. That side being that because, as a Canadian, the price of plat is already pegged to the US dollar 2 years ago I felt Hex was a decent value proposition and well worth investing money into. Today I do not feel the same way. I also have that nagging in the back of my head that the currency could rebound so I'm better off NOT investing right now but wait until another day when the exchange rate is more favourable.

For those in the US your problem is that the value of plat fluctuates because of the US to Euro exchange rate and you don't like that. You don't like that people who use Euro get a better deal because the exchange rate has changed since the price of plat was set 2 years ago.

For those in CA our problem is that the value of plat fluctuates because of the US to CDN exchange rate and we don't like that. We don't like that people who use USD get a better deal because the exchange rate has changed since the price of plat was set 2 years ago.

For those in the US your $1 is worth the same to you today as it was 2 years ago but it's relative buying power in Hex is lower and you don't appreciate that.

For those in Canada our $1 is worth the same to us today as it was 2 years ago but it's relative buying power in Hex is lower and we don't appreciate that.

Hope that cleared it up for those who didn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    This is definitely a huge problem for Canadians. We take an absolute bath on transactions as Unspecified said, and for that reason, I have not made a plat purchase in over a year now, and I will not do so again until the problem is fixed. I love Hex and I want to support CZE, but I can't in good conscience do so when we are being penalized because of where we live. Cory promised us price parity from the very beginning, but it's NEVER happened. At this point, even occasionally fixing the exchange rates by hand would be preferable to just having them locked in from the place they were at 2 years ago.

This needs to be addressed. I should not have to pay $37 more than everyone else to get the same amount of plat (or even more than $37 difference if the buyer is in the EU or using an EU site to acquire a GameForge PIN).
    Add me to the butthurt Canadians list. I mean if it was a matter of a couple % thats one thing. I havent even so much as re-bought VIP because as much as I want to support Hex, and I LOVE HEX, the 'Canadian' tax is just too much for me to rationalize.

And yes as he said above. The exchange rate CND > USD is certainly not Hex's fault, but if entire countries are not seeing value in playing the game, that is Hex's problem, even if its not HEX's fault.
    Last edited by Xexist; 02-17-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Master Theorycrafter
    The difference here is that the Euro/US disparity is one that can and should be fixed regularly. The canadian issue is one that cannot be fixed without creating the same Euro/US disparity without creating gardens for every country which is not a real solution.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

Its not just Canada that has that issue. It does seem though that for some reason people from Canada think that the price should always be the same for them though.

While it would be nice if Hex stayed the same price whenever I purchased that is not the case. You either accept it or don't play. Maybe its not such a big deal to me as I am used to paying in my currency converted to US dollars when I buy things from the US. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Any chance we could get an update on the exchange rate issue?

It will never happen because there is no issue. Logical flaw here
    I'm french (sorry for my bad english), in my country 1 € is the same from the one 2 years ago. Absolutly no reason to pay today +30 % to have the same among of plat. I have not a 3000ish plat discount each 10 000 plat. More true because Gameforge is a european enterprise. but american have if they paid in euro .
    Price goes up and down according to inflation rate in each country not exchange rate. Do things like you say would make a very big blow in the international business of Hex.
    So never happening
    There is only a isssue if some country have not the possibility to pay with it's own country currency.