Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chance we could get an update on the exchange rate issue?

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    I am not going to go into too much macro economics, but if they make euro people pay less for plat then the value of plat will go down for everyone (in the long term, short term maybe nothing happens). It is kind of like devaluing a currency. Not saying they shouldn't do it, but the value of plat will go down if euro people can buy it cheaper.
    They dont care because they pay the same for bread they did 2 years ago, so nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    They dont care because they pay the same for bread they did 2 years ago, so nothing has changed.
    If I have alot of plat sitting in my account, the value of it will go down with a cheaper price for euro people. An argument could also be made that card value would also go down in the long term (only for those cards you currently have however).

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post

The huge mistake in the story is to cosider platinum not like a object that give you acces to a service, here a game, but like a real currency. It's not, it's a ingame currency.
    There is absolutly no reason to link platinum to a real currency, us dollars or euros.
    No reason other than the fact that they promised it would, and that cards only retain value if they are worth something. If they are worthless, this game has a bleak future.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    I am not going to go into too much macro economics, but if they make euro people pay less for plat then the value of plat will go down for everyone (in the long term, short term maybe nothing happens). It is kind of like devaluing a currency. Not saying they shouldn't do it, but the value of plat will go down if euro people can buy it cheaper.
    Except that is exactly what has happened in the past two years to the euro. Not point the finger at your post just stating a fact. To be fair it needs to be updated. Those arguing the fact that if it were the other way around and going the other direction and don't think there wouldn't be the case(aside from the fact we can't know right now) I personally don't think it is the case esp from what it seems like there are more euro players than there are US.

And currently as Colin stated the euro people can already buy it cheaper upwards of 30 more per 1 euro
    Last edited by Xzaron; 02-18-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzaron View Post
    Except that is exactly what has happened in the past two years to the euro. Not point the finger at your post just stating a fact. To be fair it needs to be updated. Those arguing the fact that if it were the other way around and going the other direction and don't think there wouldn't be the case(aside from the fact we can't know right now) I personally don't think it is the case esp from what it seems like there are more euro players than there are US.

And currently as Colin stated the euro people can already buy it cheaper upwards of 30 more per 1 euro
    True they can already buy it cheaper and those people have a significant advantage over the euro people who don't do that. However, making the price to buy plat cheaper will lower the value of plat you currently have and could lower the value of cards you currently have. Cards and plat you buy after the change should not be affected.

No reason other than the fact that they promised it would, and that cards only retain value if they are worth something. If they are worthless, this game has a bleak future.
    Well, yes but saying that is a mistake if they want to give Hex a international scope.
    But i see no impact on card s value.

as a french player my capacity to afford a vampire king between today, yesterday or tommorow is the same and depend only on offer and demand inside the game s economy. So as you. So cards keeps their value. Exchange rate $/€ have not impact.

the probkem beguin if $ people start to use tricks to pay plat in € : that s bad because i think it s cheating, this people take a advantage over others players, of all country, europeans country too. Because their capacity to afford a vampire king just increase.
    but i think TOS prohibit this no?

Well, yes but saying that is a mistake if they want to give Hex a international scope.
    But i see no impact on card s value.

as a french player my capacity to afford a vampire king between today, yesterday or tommorow is the same and depend only on offer and demand inside the game s economy. So as you. So cards keeps their value. Exchange rate $/ have not impact.

the probkem beguin if $ people start to use tricks to pay plat in : that s bad because i think it s cheating, this people take a advantage over others players, of all country, europeans country too. Because their capacity to afford a vampire king just increase.
    but i think TOS prohibit this no?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    You are saying increase or decrease of plat s price must be set to reflect exchange rate.
    I m saying no because price of goods or services inside the bondaries of a country do not change because of the value of your currency in general
    This is 100% wrong. Zimbabwe dollar. At one point, a loaf of bread there was Z$5000 and at another point it was Z$10000000000. Source is http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa...iref=allsearch - if it didn't ever change then people would take advantage of exchange rates to buy more stuff, as I'm sure some people have done with hex. If I had a friend that over in europe and we wanted to pool our resources, you better believe I wouldn't be buying plat for USD, he would be buying for euro.
    Last edited by Mike411; 02-18-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike411 View Post
    This is 100% wrong. Zimbabwe dollar. At one point, a loaf of bread there was Z$5000 and at another point it was Z$10000000000. Source is http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa...iref=allsearch - if it didn't ever change then people would take advantage of exchange rates to buy more stuff, as I'm sure some people have done with hex. If I had a friend that over in europe and we wanted to pool our resources, you better believe I wouldn't be buying plat for USD, he would be buying for euro.
    Oo zimbabwe, seriously. You are taalking about a thing called hyperinflation and in fact you give me a good example to defend my point of view. It was the inflation of that country which lead to skyroketting exchange rate not the other way around.
    Inflation in France is 2 % per year in average. Not enough to justify +30 % for pllat.

Honestly your misrepresentation of the issue and inability to easily grasp it is exactly why they need to hurry up and start updating the plat prices regularly. The longer they wait the less people will understand why they're doing it and what it accomplishes and why it's necessary and it'll be that much more of a shitshow
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.