Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chance we could get an update on the exchange rate issue?

Any chance we could get an update on the exchange rate issue?

It has been a while since we've had an update on this.

What's the hold up? Is there still a fix in the works? This has been a problem almost as long as angel of dawn has been uninterruptable. But it's a much more important and relevant issue. If plat can't be effectively tied to USD 100:1 then there's a fundamental instability in our base currency that can only drive the price down below that point as people flock to the cheapest available option. I know that chark has come out very strongly against any kind of deal or discount on plat, and I think rightly so, but this issue region-locks a discount or penalty based on how currency markets have changed over the years. I mean even a monthly static update by hand for how much plat other currencies are getting is better than some of the extremes that plat acquisition has had to endure.

I'm even open to plat being pegged to the euro if that's what is necessary, as long as we get a static price that is frequently updated to keep the value as stable as possible.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

/signed.

I don't care what currency is used to determine the plat price but I feel like something needs to be done here.

+1

• Money spent on HEX in the 9 months before working out the exchange rate disparity had cost me ~270K in Platinum: $10,000
    • Money spent on HEX in the 2 months since: $200

Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

I will literally never have the amount of platinum move through my account that you lost from not buying in euros =P
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    I will literally never have the amount of platinum move through my account that you lost from not buying in euros =P
    Giveaways and supporting tournaments is expensive!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    what i thought ^^
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

I in no way disagree regarding the what the problem is or the need for a solution but I also can't help but look at this from my perspective. I'm Canadian and I refuse to buy plat through any system except the Hex store directly using paypal. This means that the cost of plat for me has increased by around 37% in the last 2 years.

When I started 2 years ago $1 CDN was 100 plat, it was nice and simple. Today it's ~$1.37 for 100 plat. This is obviously because the CDN is tanking compared to the USD however within Canada the value of a dollar has not changed. For purposes of my own budget a dollar is a dollar today just the same as it was 2 years ago.

The result is I haven't bought plat in over a year because I just feel like I'm being ripped off if I do buy plat at the current exchange rate. Sure I could buy in euros to offset the price but then I'm doing something which unhealthy for the game I care about. Fortunately for me I have a massive collection and really have no need to buy plat to continue playing as much as I want but it does mean I am not really supporting the game with money anymore.

I'm not really sure what reasonable solution there is to my particular problem as a Canadian and I acknowledge that the "different deals for different currencies" does cause a larger and more important problem for the game as a whole. However, as I said, I can't help but look at this whole currency/plat situation from where I sit and from where I sit tying the plat to the USD means the rest of the world gets plat prices that can vary from cheap to expensive. My 1 Canadian dollar is the same part of my budget regardless of the exchange rate.

The Transcended
    What Gwaer said. How is this STILL not solved, or at least mentioned in one of our status updates? I've heard that negotiating with GF is tricky, but this is bordering on absurd.

This is definitely a huge problem for Canadians. We take an absolute bath on transactions as Unspecified said, and for that reason, I have not made a plat purchase in over a year now, and I will not do so again until the problem is fixed. I love Hex and I want to support CZE, but I can't in good conscience do so when we are being penalized because of where we live. Cory promised us price parity from the very beginning, but it's NEVER happened. At this point, even occasionally fixing the exchange rates by hand would be preferable to just having them locked in from the place they were at 2 years ago.

This needs to be addressed. I should not have to pay $37 more than everyone else to get the same amount of plat (or even more than $37 difference if the buyer is in the EU or using an EU site to acquire a GameForge PIN).
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well