Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Necrotic Mage - Ascension - PvE Campaign

Necrotic Mage - Ascension - PvE Campaign

The unlikely Cleric, hiding behind his mage robes, will pop out to say hello at level 30. The unseen full potential of this build is where we are projecting, riding on the coat-tails of Ethereal Healers.

Mage gives us access to fixing and card draw, and tempo. It is terrifying how well this can outperform vs. a standard cleric in the early campaign as well.

Enjoy!:
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=53921

Just a quick note about this deck: A bug has been identified and will be addressed regarding Holy Ascension not properly identifying that the true starting health of this build is 14hp. Right now Holy Ascension will not trigger until 38hp, going off the 19hp on your champion after the game starts, but once the bug is fixed, should trigger at 28hp, using the flat 14hp you start with before the game starts.

The Sharp Compendium
    Last edited by nicosharp; 03-23-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Great deck. I've been wanting to toy around with an Ascension build in a mage deck for awhile now after I saw how good it worked in a cleric deck. I definitely want to give this a try.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Have you had any success in confirming if necrotic health is applied in a single batch or as individual heals for each shard?

It is on my list of unknowns, but testing so far has been inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    Have you had any success in confirming if necrotic health is applied in a single batch or as individual heals for each shard?

It is on my list of unknowns, but testing so far has been inconclusive.
    Based on the number of times and the consistency in which I get 1 or 2 ethereal healers in play, I'd have to say it's triggering individually. Maybe I'm just getting extraordinarily lucky statistically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Based on the number of times and the consistency in which I get 1 or 2 ethereal healers in play, I'd have to say it's triggering individually. Maybe I'm just getting extraordinarily lucky statistically speaking.
    My impression from my Necrotic Cleric is that it is done individually, but I have not done any rigorous testing.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Ok, given I was home early today, I figured I may as well give it a test.

Test setup was a necrotic deck with two ethereal healers, and 8 or more cards in 4 different shards.

If the shard healing is a single 'packet', I'd expect there to be 3 heal chances for each healer to be put into play, leading to a 73.5% chance that none of them were put into play ( 0.95 ^ 6 )

If on the other hand, the healing is applied once per color, I'd expect there to be 6 heal chances for each healer to be put into play, leading to a 54% chance that none of them were put into play ( 0.95 ^ 12 )

I did 50 trials of army of myth level 1 ( thus, I am sure, making me have the worst win rate vs this fight of anyone playing ;p ), checking how many healers were free played, and then conceding.

Overall results were 32 fights with zero healers, 1 fight with two healers, and 17 fights with one healer.

That runs into a 64% chance of zero healers, which is enough above the first estimate that I'd rate the multiple heal scenario as being more probable.

I guess rainbow decks know what their feet slot is permanently reserved for now.

Good to hear, btw I just beat AOM6 with this deck after a handful of tries, by proccing holy ascension on turn 5.

It seems hex.tcgbrowser.com is broken right now. Would you guys mind to paste a text decklist, please?

Edit: Fixed. Here's the list for the lazy ones :P

Troops
    3x Adamanthian Scrivener
    2x Adaptatron
    2x Cerulean Mirror Knight
    2x Hunger of the Mountain God
    2x Righteous Paladin
    3x Buccaneer
    2x Ethereal Healer
    2x Grim Harvester
    2x Paladin of the Necropolis
    2x Princess Victoria
    2x Vampire Princess
    2x Forgotten Monarch [Major Diamond of Solidarity]

Spells
    3x Time Ripple
    3x Blood Aura
    3x Kill
    1x Holy Ascension

Resources
    5x Blood Shard
    6x Diamond Shard
    4x Sapphire Shard
    3x Shard of Cunning
    3x Shard of Purpose
    3x Shard of Retribution

Reserves
    1x Adamanthian Scrivener
    2x Adaptatron
    2x Cerulean Mirror Knight
    2x Hunger of the Mountain God
    2x Incantation of Righteousness
    2x Righteous Paladin
    1x Time Ripple
    1x Blood Aura
    1x Buccaneer
    2x Ethereal Healer
    2x Grim Harvester
    1x Kill
    2x Paladin of the Necropolis
    2x Vampire Princess
    3x Holy Ascension
    4x Vampire King
    2x Forgotten Monarch [Major Diamond of Solidarity]
    Last edited by Hrinkell; 02-19-2016 at 12:42 AM.

I must say I'm a little bit confused.

Necrotic racial reads: "Shard Attuned: Before start of game, you gain 1 health for each shard with 8 or more copies of in deck (Only basic Shards count towards this talent)."

But your list runs:

5x Blood Shard
    6x Diamond Shard
    4x Sapphire Shard

So, according to "Shard Attuned", it should never trigger and thus probability for proc'ing Ethereal Healer boots is diminished.

Btw, I can't decide between Mage and Warrior.
    Mage hand/draw/shard fix is ok, but Warrior offers more sustain in order to hit Holy Ascension. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrinkell View Post
    I must say I'm a little bit confused.

Necrotic racial reads: "Shard Attuned: Before start of game, you gain 1 health for each shard with 8 or more copies of in deck (Only basic Shards count towards this talent)."

But your list runs:

5x Blood Shard
    6x Diamond Shard
    4x Sapphire Shard

So, according to "Shard Attuned", it should never trigger and thus probability for proc'ing Ethereal Healer boots is diminished.

Btw, I can't decide between Mage and Warrior.
    Mage hand/draw/shard fix is ok, but Warrior offers more sustain in order to hit Holy Ascension. What do you think?
    It's easy explained: Terrible wording.
    Joke aside. With "shards" they do actually mean the cards in that shard category, as in the normal colored cards and not the "resource" shards.
    This more or less translates to: For every 8+ cards from a single color you have in your deck u get +1 life at the start of the game.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for u

And about Mage vs Warrior: Once they fix Holy Ascension and the start HP count, it will make life easier for mage to hit "start hp x2" considering the lower starting HP compared to warrior, even with Fury trained. The positive thing about warrior would be some more board control with the charge power though.
    Last edited by XxGOTHxX; 02-19-2016 at 01:17 AM.