Thread: HEX Update - Upgrayedd

HEX Update - Upgrayedd

First, we improved hardware performance. That means the game is running smoother and more efficiently. That may not seem like the biggest improvement when the game was already running fine for most players, but this means we can take on more players—way more players! And the ability to take on more players and provide them a smooth gaming experience means that we’re also increasing our efforts to introduce more players to HEX so you’ll have more opponents, more trade partners, and more friends.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-upgrayedd/
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

The Transcended
    The patch this week was indeed quite big. I love seeing those bugs die horrible and swift deaths!

First, we improved hardware performance. That means the game is running smoother and more efficiently.
    I am curious what this means. Backend performance? I didn't notice much improvement on the client end, at least not with my hardware.

Yeah, you wouldn't have noticed much clientside with this patch. The latency fix was in the previous patch. But on our baby-got-backend, we're much improved.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    "We fixed a ton of gameplay issues, including the issue with Spiritbound Spy blocking swiftstrike troops and the phantom coming into play as a blocker." This was an issue? Either I'm getting confused or it's always worked like that since set 3 started and not been labeled as a bug. It also isn't in the patch notes?

Quote Originally Posted by KingGabriel View Post
    "We fixed a ton of gameplay issues, including the issue with Spiritbound Spy blocking swiftstrike troops and the phantom coming into play as a blocker." This was an issue? Either I'm getting confused or it's always worked like that since set 3 started and not been labeled as a bug. It also isn't in the patch notes?
    From the patch notes under gameplay "Blocking troops that die and return to play no longer continue to block in that combat"

The bug had been on the known issues list for quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by KingGabriel View Post
    It was reported as a bug by a few people, and IIRC, a dev posted confirming that it was a bug (could be wrong about that). I personally never thought it was a bug. IMO it should have worked like it was prior. Just because the creature changes zones and transforms, it's still the same creature and should be able to deal its damage.

Now there are complaints about Mastermoss blocking an attacker, being killed by a kill spell, but his transformed mossling not dying to combat damage from the attacking troop. Well, that's exactly how it should work if this "fix" is correct. But exactly how it ought to work is confusing because, AFAIK, we have no official indication of what happens when a troop (A) transforms, and (B) changes zones. Does going to the crypt remove a creature from combat, even if it comes back during combat? Does a troop transforming remove it from combat? How about this: lets say a troop in response to another troop battling it (via survival of the fittest or the like) (A) transforms, or (B) changes zones, ought it to still take that damage from that battle? If not, why is that the case, when it is being removed from combat?

Anyways, it raises some questions that I'd like answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    From the patch notes under gameplay "Blocking troops that die and return to play no longer continue to block in that combat"

The bug had been on the known issues list for quite some time
    Edit: Oh and by the way, that wording is completely ambiguous as to what is causing the troop to be removed from combat. Is it the transformation or the fact that it changes zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Brjuntinaar View Post
    Edit: Oh and by the way, that wording is completely ambiguous as to what is causing the troop to be removed from combat. Is it the transformation or the fact that it changes zones?
    It's changing zones that takes it out the combat. To give an example/ You can use a zakiir's whim in order to transform a troop mid combat but the combat with continue as always. A troop like spiritbound spy dies and goes to the crypt then transforms then comes back into play. Wrathwood is the same it specifically says when it dies transform it and put put it into play. In both those cases the cards have left and come back so logically it shouldn't have been blocking still which until this patch is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    It's changing zones that takes it out the combat. To give an example/ You can use a zakiir's whim in order to transform a troop mid combat but the combat with continue as always. A troop like spiritbound spy dies and goes to the crypt then transforms then comes back into play. Wrathwood is the same it specifically says when it dies transform it and put put it into play. In both those cases the cards have left and come back so logically it shouldn't have been blocking still which until this patch is what happened.
    Gotcha. That should solve the other question I had which is what happens when the troop battles another. If changing zones only triggers exiting combat, then that means that the battle should still occur.

I reckon Rock League deserves a mention on the front page
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252