Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Like Terrorantulas? Is Xarlox your wimpy cousin? Have some Terrormill.

Master Theorycrafter
    Gave this version a spin as well yesterday, after having farmed the needed lookout's and phenteo's gifts. Note that I am still missing the Terror Tined Tunic. This didn't drop for me yet, but I feel like this would be a crucial equipment for the deck. I currently replaced the 4x Oracle Song in IcePick's decklist with 2x Azurefate (mill+flight) and 2x Phenteo, which makes up in the late game for not being able to pull Phenteo's Gift back from the grave. As soon as I pick up the equipment I'll drop the Phenteo's and probably will be experimenting with adding in spot removal for aggro. I'm not running Extinction or Crackling Rot either, but added in 2x Psychic Torment. Edit: here's my current decklist:

• 9 Blood Shard
    • 9 Sapphire Shard
    • 4 Zin'xith Silk
    • 4 Phenteo's Gift (Weapon equip)
    • 4 Crackling Wit
    • 4 Arcane focus
    • 4 Chaotic Murmurs (Head equip)
    • 4 Chronic Madness
    • 4 Lunacy
    • 2 Psychic Torment
    • 4 Nazhk Lookout (Trinket equip)
    • 4 Dream Eagle (Gloves equip)
    • 2 Phenteo the Brood Priest
    • 2 Azurefate Sorceress (Glight + Mill gem)

I didn't do a perfect clear on my first run, Ballistics Expert beat me before I got my milling really going. Hosed down Xarlox, which was obviously a divine feeling. Besides that I must say this deck runs really, really well. First time running Dream Eagle. I see why people love this card so much (with gloves equip) and it did quite some work for me. I also feel like if you want to assemble a budget version of this, you don't even really need the Chronic Madnesses. I've beaten my opponent often enough without drawing any. Although if you do happen to draw them, it can get out of hand quickly. Not as quick as the Azurefate + Terrorantula combo though!

I think Morphology could have pulled me out of the gutter against the Ballistics Expert and realized I'm missing some spot removal in my deck to be a bit more resilient. So I'll probably be revisiting that.

I also don't feel like the Trinket equipment for Lunacy is really beneficial. It doesn't add sufficient spiders for you to really rely on it for slowing down the early game. I feel like you need answers for that in your deck build. In the late game, when you really started the milling engine, it usually just feels silly seeing a spiderling pop next to a bunch of Terrorantula's. Besides, more cards for you to mill to win by your opponent drawing out. I realize there's not really any choice for the Trinket slot (other than Nazhk Lookout...), but I think I would even be comfortable not running this equipment at all.
    Last edited by nickon; 02-25-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    I also don't feel like the Trinket equipment for Lunacy is really beneficial. It doesn't add sufficient spiders for you to really rely on it for slowing down the early game. I feel like you need answers for that in your deck build. In the late game, when you really started the milling engine, it usually just feels silly seeing a spiderling pop next to a bunch of Terrorantula's. Besides, more cards for you to mill to win by your opponent drawing out. I realize there's not really any choice for the Trinket slot (other than Nazhk Lookout...), but I think I would even be comfortable not running this equipment at all.
    Why would you not use the lookout trinket? It is amazingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    Especially since it can also pull out those broken AI only cards

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    I have the Nahzk Lookout Trinket equiped. My point was, if it wasn't for the Nazhk Lookout Trinket, I would even be willing not to equip the Lunacy Trinket for above mentioned reasons

Runned it and destroyed arena completly. I didint like kisss idea at all, i picked arcane focus. Also i consider scheme
    Proud Champion tier backer

Yeah I'll have to go through this thread and edit the OP with some of the other decklists people have come up with, there's lots of good ideas.

Wanted to stop by and mention that this deck is really fun. I tried a variation of it running Mimeobot and Call the Grave taking out 2 shards and a few other cards (from OP list)

+3 Call the Grave (Trinket) (taking trinket off lookout - not sure on the value loss here?)
    +4 Mimic (Feet Equip)
    +4 Mimeobot

-4 Vampiric Kiss
    -4 Extinction
    -1 Scroll of Yakuzan
    -1 Sapphire Shard
    -1 Blood Shard

I was able to get a perfect with the above changes.
    I found that this deck can likely be modified more. But my next variation was too watered down. I tried adding Dream Dance + Feet Equip over Lunacy. And taking out the Scrolls completely for Arcane Focus.
    I think there may be a happy medium here. Mimeobot on a Bird turn 1 is great, and call the grave for birds or lookouts is awesome, and also comes in great effect when calling the opponents troops you could play. I'd like to find a way to squeeze in a few other cards like Scheme or Zodiac Divination, Bastard Spawn, Phenteo, but I don't want to Water this down too much. Mimic also helps stabilize through Warbot encounters, and a few others. This build has a lot of potential to keep getting better, and although the spider procs and mill procs take more time to play through than other fast arena decks, it's fairly consistent.

So my own version of the deck uses hatchery cultivators instead of vampiric kiss. They boost Terrorantula generation as well as provide some nice defense against more aggressive strategies.

Instead of extinction, I loved using Morphology. Extinction seemed to be never needed since by turn 4/5, I often already started generating Terrorantulas and would much rather have preferred point removal earlier in a game. Morphology is great removal since very few actions are used well by the AI. In addition, against artifact using decks (especially Ballistics Engineer who can get some very scary aggressive starts), there are great odds of them getting a Toxin, which only increases the amount of cards the AI draws.

Master Theorycrafter
    First up, Nico I'm a great fan of your builds and analysis in the strategy forums! Please keep that up, it's inspiring and really helpful

At first sight I feel skeptical of your introduction of Call the Grave, but considering pulling from the opponents crypt, I think it would be a great addition! Pulling eagles from your own crypt also is a great way to reuse them and dig even deeper to find that Phenteo's Gift, which is the MVP of this deck.

There are indeed some rough encounters that force you to have an early spider for keeping the opponent at bay untill you build up sufficient momentum to take the game. I'll definitely try out Call the Grave to up that consistency for these encounters. The Trinket slot of the Nazhk was more of a filler for me anyway, so if I can add a more valuable card for the Trinket slot I'm all for it!

Here is the current decklist I've been running for the last 20-30 arena runs since I've finally gotten my Terror Tined Tunic:

• 9 Blood Shard
    • 9 Sapphire Shard
    • 4 Shard of Cunning – silk is too unreliable in this list

• 4 Phenteo's Gift (Weapon equip)
    • 3 Azurefate Sorceress (Quick + Mill gem) – more utility, Azurefate out usually means decking your opponent
    • 4 Nazhk Lookout (Trinket equip)
    • 4 Chaotic Murmurs (Head equip)
    • 4 Chronic Madness
    • 4 Lunacy
    • 3 Crackling Rot – swapping these for Call the graves (Trinket equip)
    • 4 Arcane focus
    • 4 Crackling Wit
    • 4 Dream Eagle (Gloves equip)
    Last edited by nickon; 03-09-2016 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    The Trinket slot of the Nazhk was more of a filler for me anyway, so if I can add a more valuable card for the Trinket slot I'm all for it!
    That trinket is pure gold, I can't even count how many games it saved my ass by conjuring something useful at the right time.