(new thread because previous thread at http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=45658 was posted under my old username, not my new one).
HEX API Parser (links for Windows and OS X)
I've got a program to parse the Hex API data from the Hex Client. It's written in Go which allows me to produce binaries that run on Windows and OS X (aka Mac). While the source code is available on github (https://github.com/dylannorthrup/go-...xapi/hexapi.go) if you want to build it yourself, I also make downloads available from the page I set up for it.
- Catches Collection and Inventory events and caches them to a file (by default it's named 'collection.out' and will be in the same directory you run the program from). Can put these into a CSV file as well.
- Provides limited game state information (Cards drawn, Champion life totals, Cards on the Chain) during games
- Provides guidance for drafting cards by providing the card with the highest plat value, card with the highest gold value and the card you have the least of in your collection (presuming you started up the API parser before you logged in and it was able to get the Collection info or your collection cache is up to date)
- - Price data is gathered from my price parsing information. Full methodology is beyond the scope of this document by is available at my prices page
- - When making recommendations, in the case of ties the highest plat price will win, followed by the least number of cards followed by the highest gold value with the final tie breaker being the card that appears latest in the pack (nearest the rare/legendary slot).
- You can make some behavioral changes by editing a 'config.ini' file in the same directory you run the command from. Values are specified in the format key=value. Config options intended for end-users are given below:
- - collection_file=filename - Specify the name of the file the program caches your collection information to. The format for the collection file is card_uuid : quantity. It's not very human readable, but it's awesome for the program (since there are no duplicate lines for identically named cards with different versions)
- - export_csv=true - Trigger the program to write out a CSV file with card names and quantities whenever the program caches your collection info locally. The format for this file is "Card Name",quantity
- - csv_filename=filename.csv - If you'd like a name other than 'collection.csv' for the CSV name. If export_csv is not set to true, this has no effect.
- Program checks to see if it's up to date and, if not, provides a warning indicating a newer version is available.
- Program identifies and deletes duplicate API messages
- Program updates price data every two hours to avoid stale price data
- Program gives information about every card in a draft pack (not simply the ones it decides are "best" based on quantity, gold value and plat value).
- Program shows rarity for cards while drafting
- Draft Pack contents now sorted from highest rarity to lowest (to mirror sorting change in game)
- Added in gold value tracking for draft value
- Using JSON data file for pricing data to allow for easier modifications in the future
- Program tracks quantities of EA cards in addition to total number of cards
For download links and more info, head to the page I set up for it.
Any suggestions or feedback, feel free to reply to this thread, PM me or send me In Game mail (my IGN is 'Dylan').