Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is lack of multiplayer/guilds hurting Hex?

Is lack of multiplayer/guilds hurting Hex?

Curious about everyone's opinion on the current state of Hex and how involved everyone is with the community.

I have found myself growing further from the game because there's not much to come back to. The PvE was fun, the first few run throughs, but now it's just eh. I feel like the lack of guilds and multiplayer is what keeps my distance growing more and more. Without the guild features, I have less reason to log in, same with multiplayer.

Has anyone else found themselves drifting from Hex? If so, what could draw you back in? If not, what keeps you entertained?

Matt
    Last edited by OutlandishMatt; 02-22-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Master Theorycrafter
    In my opinion, their immediate priorities (After set 4, of course) should be guilds and a ladder system to get players playing competitive PvP. Not just for the increased presence of constructed PvP, but to get players talking. You want to see whos on top of the ladder, what guilds are represented. Get some competition going!

I've never been big on guilds in card games, so I can't really comment on that, but I'd agree the lack of a ladder is pretty bad.

All of the current card games have been training people that the ladder is basically the way you play constructed PvP, and the closest thing hex has to it, play random opponent, is pretty dead.

More than once I've watched some of the new players stream and try to use it to play some PvP and then sit there for 5+ minutes unable to find a match while I'm trying to explain that the feature isn't used much.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Hex joined the trend and implemented a monthly resseting ladder system with some kind of reward based on the rank you reach. It's a good system to keep people coming back, and the prizes don't have to be anything crazy, maybe a monthly PvE card somewhere in the low-middle ranks and an AA PvP for max rank to give collectors more to chase after.

Personally I'm impatiently waiting for FFA and 2 headed giant, those have always been the only form of constructed PvP I've ever cared to play.

I have found the campaign to be fantastic and I have played it more than I thought I would. Honestly, I believe that the campaign is the best pve card game ever made (I am old enough to play shandalar back in the day)

For me guilds is a lower priority than multiplayer. A good argument could be made that they both should come out at the same time. I will be very happy if raids come in this year.
    Last edited by plaguedealer; 02-22-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    I have found the campaign to be fantastic and I have played it more than I thought I would. Honestly, I believe that the campaign is the best pve card game ever made (I am old enough to play shandalar back in the day).
    I actually bought Magic: The Gathering and Spells of the Ancients on PC back in like 1999. Also, I agree that Hex has the best PvE TCG experience but....

There are compounding factors that make me just tire out of PvE:

1. The Grid System. Being restricted sucks.
    2. Cannot save decks.
    3. I love certain races but have to get beyond Level 9 to even think of playing an off shard deck with the racial abilities.
    4. Not every card has equipment.
    5. We've yet to get all our PvE promos.
    6. No co-op.
    Last edited by OutlandishMatt; 02-22-2016 at 10:43 PM.

I was wondering what was so hard about implementing this PvP ladder system.
    I guess ,the pro TCG-players being so focused on tournaments, this ladder is a very low priority.

Quote Originally Posted by alcide View Post
    I was wondering what was so hard about implementing this PvP ladder system.
    I guess ,the pro TCG-players being so focused on tournaments, this ladder is a very low priority.
    The problem is that a ladder is no classical TCG concept.
    They were established by all those CCGs out there up to a point where everybody coming from those games is expecting to have one in Hex as well. The classical CCG formats are Limited (Draft and Sealed) and Conscructed Tournaments and Hex is offering all that already.
    Personally I don't care for a ladder what so ever and I probably wouldn't take part in ladder play much (if at all), but I can see why a lot of new players would expect one so it's in HXEs best interest to have one ASAP.

Hero of Adamanth
    I am with plaguedealer, the PVE is very good, and the new playfields are awesome, and the other minor design tweaks. However, i wouldnt wait the raids into this year, because i suppose they are lvl30 content, and i guess the raids will the 4th or 5th major PVE content patch (1, up to lvl 20, 2, up to lvl30, 3, guilds and craft 4, dungeons, 5, raids). It's like 2+ years imo.

I don't miss the guilds alone, it would be pointless to get a guildtag, and have one more chat channel. If it have some functions, like guildbank, or something... but i think there is higher priorities than this

What is always drifting me away, is the zillion of the bugs, with a new patch the already OK parts goin mad again. I tried Frost Ring Arena now, and there is display bugs, the buttons unresponsible, the client crash or just hang, the enemies still run into endless loop... eh

I am fine now with the PVE, is not huge, but hey, it's just came out, you cannot expect new content in every month. If they keep doin' new content every 2-3 months (PVP and PVE in rotation) i will be ok. If not, the boredom will push back again till the next content.

you probably heard this story before, but yes

the complete abscense of mmo stuff is hurting the mmotcg

What would you have had them not do to implement this?

The ladder might be relatively straightforward but multiplayer most certainly isn't. PVE was a huge step and they've now got that mostly running smoothly (some problems seem to have appeared in Arena though so I suppose there's at least one more update before they call it done).

The next big chunk will be set 4 which I think most people would agree if a bigger draw than a ladder but ladder, and my personal hobby-horse overhauling the AH, are probably categorised as smaller changes that will come between the alternating PVP set, PVE AZ releases. I'm hoping there'll be something nice after Set 4 which I'm expecting them to to start pushing ('hyping'/'spoiling') next month.

They know they aren't up to speed on content release so it's ok for people to drift away a bit
    Having said that I think a Ladder system that gave weaker players some space to compete with each other would be very good for constructed play. Possibly it should be a deck-based ladder...

Rock League coming soon though so that will liven things up a bit :-)
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252