Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I miss the Pro Player tournament?

Did I miss the Pro Player tournament?

So I haven't heard anything about it in ages, but did I miss the Pro Player tournament?
    Or is it scheduled for anytime soon?

Thanks!

You didn't miss it, and no date has been announced for it at this time.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I really feel they should to be perfectly honest and I'm not a PP so it doesn't actually affect me. I'm not even saying it needs to be soon just that they should mark it on the calendar soon.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

I wonder what the actual grand prize for that tournament will be. During the kickstarter, they announced that the grand prize would be 4 of every card at release. According to the KS tiers Primal and up, "every card at release" means "Set 1". Realistically, by the time we get that tournament, Set 4 will be out.

It would be somewhat ridiculous (although it would still represent great value) to have a tournament where the grand prize is a playset of a set that was released more than 2 years ago (and that will potentially rotate out of constructed legal play before the end of the year). On the other hand, turning the grand prize into a play set of every single card of all existing sets turns that prize into something that is a whole lot bigger than originally envisioned.

Now that we're out of beta and that the player base is growing fast, it is going to be hard to hold such a magnificent tournament where only fewer than 2000 people (the acutal number is actually much lower given that many backers bought several tiers, but can only get in the tournament once) are allowed to participate without risking a backlash from the other players who have been very involved in the game for over 2 years now.

High Tomb Lord
    well... we are released now... so set 1-3
    but that wont happen
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

A thought would be to make it still set 1 but sparklify it so its still set 1 but all EA all Foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    well... we are released now... so set 1-3
    but that wont happen
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post538849

I think it should happen and just give the winner a play set of Set 4, but them not actually get it until Set 4 comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by YourOpponent View Post
    I think it should happen and just give the winner a play set of Set 4, but them not actually get it until Set 4 comes out!
    Actually give them a playset of the comming set like a week before everyone else now that is a cool reward.