Thread: Why the game DL files after every launch

Why the game DL files after every launch

I installed the game yesterday, after the full DL i played it for a few hours log out, restarted the client it DL some files, now i want to play again and its downloading files again, like 1 gb worth of files.

Hi there. Really sorry to hear you're experiencing that bug. Could you please give us more information about what you're experiencing?

OS
    Permissions (do you have Admin?)
    What type of files is it downloading (DLLs, EXEs?)
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by azy View Post
    I installed the game yesterday, after the full DL i played it for a few hours log out, restarted the client it DL some files, now i want to play again and its downloading files again, like 1 gb worth of files.
    Have you tried a repair install from the launcher? Probably won't do anything but could be worth a shot.

Master of Gifs
    You know about a week ago I was cleaning up some temp files on my OS drive, and shortly after I launched Hex and it redownloaded everything again, even though I have Hex installed on a completely separate drive (My OS is on a dedicated SSD that I try to keep everything else off of when possible). I wish I had more details to report but the only thing I could think of that caused it was the temp file cleanup I had done prior to launching Hex. I'll try to pay closer attention next time I do anything like that and see how it might be affecting Hex. Ideally Hex shouldn't be storing files anywhere besides the install directory and whatever it needs to keep in the registry, but if I find it's also taking up a bunch of space on my OS drive it's gonna be a problem.

Well, yesterday it was like localization files and they were few, today it was a lot of files called resources.dll, it re-DL 1 gb worth of files based on the estimated time. Played the game a few just now, no issues after relaunching maybe a PC reset will show a different history.

My OS is Win 7 64x i have admin rights, but i have my pc so any program ask for permission before doing anything.

Whenever Hex is patched I feel like I am downloading the entire game again with the size of the download files.

Is this the case or am I just imagining things.

Gotta necro my own thread, i took a small break, did the latest 07/04 update waited for the whole update, based on time it must have been like 1 or 2gb of data maybe, closed the hex launcher to restart proper after update now the game is downloading even more files, based on time am looking at 3gb or more of data, is this normal?

After the first update the play button was highlighted.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by azy View Post
    Gotta necro my own thread, i took a small break, did the latest 07/04 update waited for the whole update, based on time it must have been like 1 or 2gb of data maybe, closed the hex launcher to restart proper after update now the game is downloading even more files, based on time am looking at 3gb or more of data, is this normal?

After the first update the play button was highlighted.
    sorry, but you can't determine the amount of date because of the time... if the HEX servers are busy, or your internet connection is, it can take some time until you download everything
    and yes, after the 4/7 update, there was one more push of data
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King