Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the next PVP set will be playable for fans attending the Invitational!

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by elfstone View Post
    Im going in for oral surgery on the 4th or I'd seriously be considering hopping a friggin greyhound to the invitational.
    I am in on the 3rd for wisdom teeth. So I'm happy because I get guilt-free time off work to sit back and watch a lot of the matches from the comfort of my sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Sounds good to me! I personally dislike spoiler seasons in TCG land. I do like having a release date pretty far in advance, though.
    Yeah, I always felt the most fun way to discover a new set was ripping into that first sealed set. Followed by having to stop and read you opponents cards mid match.

It's kind of a conundrum here though, the digital nature makes spoiler hype easy, and in demand. Yet formats like sealed gauntlet are perfect for discovering as you play. Unlimited time to read over your cards and think, takes out the biggest disadvantage to doing it that way.

Master Theorycrafter
    Makes me wonder whether the Invitational itself will be played using Set 4 or not...

Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    Makes me wonder whether the Invitational itself will be played using Set 4 or not...
    It's not.

Shame. Would love to see them surprise the players... "Oh, by the way... Forget about constructed. You're actually playing set 4 draft! Good luck..."

Quote Originally Posted by Venris View Post
    Shame. Would love to see them surprise the players... "Oh, by the way... Forget about constructed. You're actually playing set 4 draft! Good luck..."
    Last edited by Taqo; 02-29-2016 at 04:40 AM.

Rather than piss everyone off, I'd imagine it'd annoy a small number of people (Those playing in the tourney) while giving much enjoyment to a larger number (Those watching the tourney).

Quote Originally Posted by Maylick View Post
    It's not.
    You can't know that unless the players said so. The players knows if they will play 3-3-3 draft or 4-4-3 draft. The rules say 15 days notice.

Master Theorycrafter
    For constructed I can imagine them running with set 3. For draft it would be interesting for the viewers to throw in set 4.

Now that would be the ultimate Limited challenge. Put all the players in a room with no outside communication. Give everyone 1-2 hours to browse through the new set. They then come onto the Invitational stage and Draft it live for the first time...

Whoever wins that Draft can be called the true Limited master!