Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghouls N Ghosts - a Devonshire farm deck for Shin'Hare

Deck is slow, and relatively vulnerable to Wiktor. Honestly, it's power seems to come form the inclusion of the vampire cards, which are expensive.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by selpai View Post
    Deck is slow, and relatively vulnerable to Wiktor. Honestly, it's power seems to come form the inclusion of the vampire cards, which are expensive.
    Wait, what ? You played the deck and lost to wiktor ? Repeatedly ? How ?

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    Wait, what ? You played the deck and lost to wiktor ? Repeatedly ? How ?
    By being too slow, I'd guess. Wiktor is a sucker for tempo, and this deck has none. Yeah, it has some possible (as in, RNG-based) early outs, but them hitting is as likely as them whiffing. Meanwhile Wiktor can lock you down or wear you out starting from turn two, not to mention the ridiculous T1 Sweltering Zombie/Rot Touch Ghouls into T2 Power of Ruby - Decaying Giant start.

I'd cleared Devonshire a couple times with a similar Zombie deck, but it is quite swingy early, and can easily go either way.
    Last edited by Verdant; 03-01-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by selpai View Post
    I'd think a few corrupt harvesters should do the trick just fine instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    not to mention the ridiculous T1 Sweltering Zombie/Rot Touch Ghouls into T2 Power of Ruby - Decaying Giant start.
    I have yet to see a deck that can reliably counter that.

It's one of the worst aspects of the Wiktor encounter. RNG can screw your hand OR screw the match by making Wiktor's hand almost unbeatable unless you have a perfect draw.
    Last edited by Chinane; 03-01-2016 at 05:13 AM.

Rigid Buffalo
    I don't think he's necessarily saying he lost to Wiktor, just that it's vulnerable to him and it is in some ways. It's relatively slow compared to a lot of different decks and it doesn't have an early drop like adaptatron/righteous paladin/hunger of the mountain god that you can reliably put out on turn 2 and win the game with.

Well, there's an optional section where you can simply replace stuff with Adaptron and/or Hunger?

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinane View Post
    Well, there's an optional section where you can simply replace stuff with Adaptron and/or Hunger?
    There's that, plus in this case, raving ghoul fills that spot pretty well. It's an especially good answer to wiktor's spitfire elemental - rage or lethal both let you kill it, and then you play it again the next turn.

Hunger isn't in there because both the weapon and equipment slot are taken - without gear he is fragile, slow to get started, susceptible to chump blocking and has no synergy with the rest of the deck. Bunny grid only lets you have two of him too. He's still good, you could put him in instead of vampires or some of the non-ghoul zombies if you want.

Fresh waves of listings for all essential cards are up. By my count, you can build the core of this deck for about 10,000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't think he's necessarily saying he lost to Wiktor, just that it's vulnerable to him and it is in some ways. It's relatively slow compared to a lot of different decks and it doesn't have an early drop like adaptatron/righteous paladin/hunger of the mountain god that you can reliably put out on turn 2 and win the game with.
    No, the deck lost twice to Wiktor. It seems to get a lot of it's power from the Vampire Kings/Princess's. I didn't think it was very good or even terribly reliable.