Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP - maybe a bit more flavor?

Lightbulb VIP - maybe a bit more flavor?

Hi there,

since quite some time I am thinking about subscribing to VIP.

I have been to to my DC kickstarter and enjoyed it a little bit. Yes I do PVP but mostly to get cards (especially new ones, so I really wait for set 4).

As free booster and the chance of AA cards if I join the VIP tournaments is kinda "ok" for me, I'd love some more flavor with anything in the direction of pvp.

Is there anything planned?

Cheers
    Six

The amount of value the VIP program already packs is far and beyond what you pay for. So I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kroan View Post
    The amount of value the VIP program already packs is far and beyond what you pay for. So I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
    I completely agree from the value standpoint. But for someone like me who is not really interested in having a great value out of everything but more the fun, I have to look into the PVE direction. As mentioned PVP is fine for me, but mostly for getting the cards into my collection.

Maybe there could be a VIP PVP and a VIP PVE program.

And you could then also sell the VIP Gold Program wich includes both tiers. I mean hey, would make people happy and could generate more cash for CZE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixlooter View Post
    Maybe there could be a VIP PVP and a VIP PVE program.

And you could then also sell the VIP Gold Program wich includes both tiers. I mean hey, would make people happy and could generate more cash for CZE.
    I'll jump in and say that we wil never get a VIP PvE program. Hex has started numerous times that all of PvE will be free. Some stuff might be behind a gold paywall eventually but that's the same currency as what you get for playing PvE so it's still free for all purposes.

I'm honestly not sure what they could add to make VIP more enticing for people. It's currently the only way to get straight Value from hex and has some unique AA's from tournament's to go with it. I've thought about it a few times before and I can't really think of anything they could add to it that wouldn't go against their goals for the game or make it ridiculously good value not that they need to add more to it anyway.

Remember the sweet, sweet sleeve too! We're almost at a year. That means a new VIP sleeve soon (presumably ). Gotta catch 'em all!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

@Colin right (btw. just subscribed for a year 10 min ago, but still would love some PVE stuff/option)
    @Reeplay Well people keep telling all the time that the basis of PVE has to be: EVERYTHING is for free or at least not tight to some way of pay to win etc.

But I got a dungeon crawler kickstarter account. Yes I payed for it and get double boss loot. OMG!
    Is the world now starting to spin the other way? No. So why the heck not add a few nice PVE things. Maybe AA PVE cards. Or getting more of something, or earlier... You do not necessarily break the rule of "you could also acquire this for free".
    Maybe someone has a great and spicy idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    That means a new VIP sleeve soon (presumably )
    That reminds me. We never heard back about the timeframe for people who are already subscribers to get their new sleeve. Phenteo was going to look into it and get back to us. It would be very unfair for people who are already paying for VIP to have to wait as much as 11 months to get their new sleeve.

TBH I think CZE needs to do the right thing on this and just give the new sleeve to everyone who has a yearly subscription immediately when the new sleeve is released, even though it means a very small number of people who bought a year and then don't renew will get 2 sleeves out of it (but no extra packs / tournaments). Otherwise, paying customers end up getting long delays between when the sleeves are released and when their renewal is. Giving it to everyone with an active year subscription is really the only fair way to do it, that way we all get the new sleeves at the same time.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Yep, holding off on VIP until the sleeve thing is clear.
    Last edited by Tazelbain; 03-01-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Hmm, haven't looked at this in a while. How can we tell when our subs are up? Are they auto-renewing? I seem to remember they are not which seems odd to me.

Hopefully this aside is ok - if not, I'll post a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    That reminds me. We never heard back about the timeframe for people who are already subscribers to get their new sleeve. Phenteo was going to look into it and get back to us. It would be very unfair for people who are already paying for VIP to have to wait as much as 11 months to get their new sleeve.

TBH I think CZE needs to do the right thing on this and just give the new sleeve to everyone who has a yearly subscription immediately when the new sleeve is released, even though it means a very small number of people who bought a year and then don't renew will get 2 sleeves out of it (but no extra packs / tournaments). Otherwise, paying customers end up getting long delays between when the sleeves are released and when their renewal is. Giving it to everyone with an active year subscription is really the only fair way to do it, that way we all get the new sleeves at the same time.
    The spider and I had this very discussion yesterday! It's still under discussion internally.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."