Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 361
  1. #11
    Speaking of Permanent Eclipse (and I guess Frozen City now that I think about it), do attacks or effects that reference types or card names in the Line-Up (such as on Copperhead, Strife and Bo Staff) do nothing? I am assuming those with Attacks still Attack so people can defend if they wish but I just wanted to double check since Permanent Eclipse is very strict with the "don't look at the card" procedures.

    Side question as well: How do "Destroy from Line-Up" card effects play out when they reference a card type (even for Frozen City)? I think this was answered a while ago but I figured I would double check. Also, I didn't know how cards like Rioters or The Owlship would react with this since those look for everything that is non-X card type instead of a specific type.
    Last edited by BenJazz; 03-03-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Side question
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

  2. #12
    Treat all the face-down cards in the Line-Up as being cards without a card type. So, they don't count as a card of a specific type for cards looking for a card type in the Line-Up, but they do count as cards not being a specific card type for cards looking for "non-type" cards.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

  3. #13
    For Power Ring, do you destroy the highest cost Hero in each location, or the highest cost between the two?

  4. #14
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
    For Power Ring, do you destroy the highest cost Hero in each location, or the highest cost between the two?
    In each location.

    PS: I'm trying to keep this thread just questions and answers, so no need to post "thanks!" or whatever after you receive a reply. If you want to debate a ruling here or point out an issue, start a new thread.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 03-05-2016 at 09:51 AM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  5. #15
    Crisis 3 is purchased, but I don't have it yet. I do have a question about something from it. If the crisis card Heroic Sacrifice (from the Crisis 2 set) comes up on a player using Crisis Lex Luther, would you get to pick which of the oversized cards you own gets killed off?

    Also as a quick aside because it's off-topic, I'll say that Black Adam is one of my favorite oversized cards, and Crisis Black Adam looks awesome too. I love seeing Crisis guys who are still useful in competitive mode (like using Crisis Batman offensively). Very excited for this set, whenever it gets here.

  6. #16
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiSquid View Post
    Crisis 3 is purchased, but I don't have it yet. I do have a question about something from it. If the crisis card Heroic Sacrifice (from the Crisis 2 set) comes up on a player using Crisis Lex Luther, would you get to pick which of the oversized cards you own gets killed off?

    Also as a quick aside because it's off-topic, I'll say that Black Adam is one of my favorite oversized cards, and Crisis Black Adam looks awesome too. I love seeing Crisis guys who are still useful in competitive mode (like using Crisis Batman offensively). Very excited for this set, whenever it gets here.
    HS: Yes, you choose which one of your oversized to replace.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  7. #17
    So just to confirm, the removed OS would no longer be a valid random target for Crisis Lex Luthor's ability, right?

  8. #18
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
    So just to confirm, the removed OS would no longer be a valid random target for Crisis Lex Luthor's ability, right?
    Correct.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  9. #19
    New clarification questions: The Outsider is on the stack so that starters cannot be destroyed. If I have a destroy card such as Transmutation, can I still select a Starter as the card to destroy even if there are other options? Do I still get the benefits of gaining a VP or other similar effects associated with "destroying" a card? If I have Earth-3 or Blackgate in play and I reveal a starter with The Outsider on the stack, do I still get the VP even if the Starter cannot be destroyed?

    I think this may follow the same restrictions as Promise to a Friend but I could not remember the ruling made on that card and I figured it would be good to check just in case this situation is different.
    Last edited by BenJazz; 03-05-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

  10. #20
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,785
    You cannot attempt to destroy Starters while The Outsider is watching.
    You don't get any benefit from failing to destroy a Starter.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •