Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt IV

Crisis 3 releases today, so time to open up a new thread. Post your questions here!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If I discard Element Woman due to Crisis Mazahs!, do I check the lineup and destroyed pile for number of equipment, villains, and superpowers in addition to heroes?

What would happen if I discard Shapeshift due to Crisis Mazahs!?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    If I discard Element Woman due to Crisis Mazahs!, do I check the lineup and destroyed pile for number of equipment, villains, and superpowers in addition to heroes?

What would happen if I discard Shapeshift due to Crisis Mazahs!?
    EW: Yes
    SS: Same thing.
    You still own those cards while you are discarding them, so Crisis Mazash! will be very, very hard to beat that turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I was just curious if there was a specific reason the phrase "(This card starts on top of the Crisis stack)" was removed from This World is Ours. Otherwise, great job with the wording and clarifications... I am not seeing any issues. Might have some stuff pop up once I start pairing it with non-FE sets.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BenJazz View Post
    I was just curious if there was a specific reason the phrase "(This card starts on top of the Crisis stack)" was removed from This World is Ours. Otherwise, great job with the wording and clarifications... I am not seeing any issues. Might have some stuff pop up once I start pairing it with non-FE sets.
    To save space, mostly. The card is called out in the rules as the first Crisis, so it seemed redundant.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I figured as much. I noticed as well the rules did not have the checkbox section for how to make the game harder or easier. I figured that was also due to space constraints with the extra room needed to explain the Hidden Objectives Mode.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Can we defend the crises that have attacks? Man this crisis tough.

For Crisis Deathstroke, is it considered "contributing" when I buy cards in the lineup to help beat Permanent Eclipse?

Quote Originally Posted by dhisson View Post
    Can we defend the crises that have attacks? Man this crisis tough.
    You can avoid an Attack with a Defense card even if it is coming from a Crisis card. Why call it an Attack if you can't use a Defense card against it?
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    For Crisis Deathstroke, is it considered "contributing" when I buy cards in the lineup to help beat Permanent Eclipse?
    No, as that card does not use the word "Contribute."
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D