Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn Revealed!

Rock League Champion
    I was hoping for release next week due to corys hyped intro but its just early april... which is quite late imo but im super hyped to play set4 "soon"!!

go hex!
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Quote Originally Posted by Cernz View Post
    I was hoping for release next week due to corys hyped intro but its just early april... which is quite late imo but im super hyped to play set4 "soon"!!

go hex!
    It took a whole page but here you have it everyone. In a thread to celebrate the good news we have out first post of someone complaining in this thread because they got expectations from nowhere even if it has a nice thing posted at the end.

We get some exciting info though. Set name, set icon, targeted launch time, number of cards in set, card spoilers and the champion number confirmation of 6. I wonder what the 6th champion will be. The 5 unused dual shard combos are an easy guess but there's that 6th one which is any ones guess.
    That art on Primal Dawn is amazing. One of my favorite arts so far
    Psionic Flame seems.... Very good

Rock League Champion
    dont take life too serious will
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Quote Originally Posted by eimerian View Post
    Primal dawn? I read about them in Time magazine!
    /BowsDown

Exciting news indeed!

Primal Dawn
    I really like this one; small enough to be a pretty efficient card engine (3 wild troops with +1/+1 must have a solid rate of good troops), just big enough to play well with Elves.
    Awesome art doesn't hurt!

Psionic Flame
    It sounds plenty good, but in practice 1XX is really very expensive; spend 5 and this is a very costly Oracle Song with a Burn, so really need to be paying 7 before this gets strong.
    Hope Necrotic or Humans contribute some good R/S support, though can already make plenty of action-focused decks for that combo.

Necropolis Blackguard
    At first blush seems awful; can pay 4 for a vanilla dual-threshold 6/6 and lose 6 health if it survives the turn, or pay 5 and Shift it to a softer/expendable troop - either way a lousy rare prospect.
    However I have to assume that the only good reason to print this card is that there will be some means to Shift on to an enemy (or temporarily possessed) troop, allowing for fiendish combos with Inner Conflict & the like...

Stingshot Sniper
    Outstanding!
    Would play even without knowing what Empower does, so can only get better in my estimation (Stirring Oration should be fun).

My guess for Empower?
    It is clearly card-targeted, but unless they are being sneaky with the templating in these previews I don't think it's an Escalation-style effect - would really need to have bold-ed numbers, unless it is some generic buff e.g. "add 1 to all numbers that appear in game text."

Instead I'll opt for something like when you play a card, you are Empower-ed to play copies of the named card for free that turn.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Primal Dawn Revealed!

The title of our next set is “Primal Dawn”! Each set tells a progressive story about the world of Entrath. Primal Dawn will feature over 300 new cards and enhance several styles of gameplay.

Read more about Primal Dawn and check out the new logo & spoilers: https://www.hextcg.com/revealing-primal-dawn/
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    I wonder what the 6th champion will be. The 5 unused dual shard combos are an easy guess but there's that 6th one which is any ones guess.
    5 shard requirement power activation necrotic hero!
    Champion of the Black Flame #227

I initially thought Primal Flame was 1X cost and would be incredible. At 1XX though, I am a doubter. It'll be good in limited, but I don't think it'll be a real player in constructed formats. 3 mana to draw a card and deal 1 damage is niche, and 5 mana for draw-2 with a burn is ok in a slow format. 7 for 3 and 3 is not awful, but each of these modes are only ok if you are finding a valuable target to burn as well. My imagination suggests that at 7 mana, you'll need to deal more than 3 damage to impact the board enough.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsa View Post
    Necropolis Blackguard
    At first blush seems awful; can pay 4 for a vanilla dual-threshold 6/6 and lose 6 health if it survives the turn, or pay 5 and Shift it to a softer/expendable troop - either way a lousy rare prospect.
    However I have to assume that the only good reason to print this card is that there will be some means to Shift on to an enemy (or temporarily possessed) troop, allowing for fiendish combos with Inner Conflict & the like...
    Even without any new cards, there are a couple cool combos with this card (Flaring Passions and Marrowmage both come to mind, although the thresholds would be an issue.), although I think using lifedrain is the real answer here. Combining this with Marrowmage and a Gemsoul Feeder would be pretty ridiculous...until it gets Parriphagied, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by parogui View Post
    5 shard requirement power activation necrotic hero!
    Make it so!

Although if I were to wager, I would opt for a shardless champion - for the double appeal of:
    * Saftey net when aiming for a dual-shard draft and falling short.
    * Tricksy tactics where players completely change their deck between games.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Looking forward to Srimal Dawn.