Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn Revealed!

I'll say this about Psionic Flame - I think you'll see the utility of having lots of actions available to you when you see some of the underlying archetypes/themes in the set. It'll probably get more play than people think.

More generally, it's impossible to properly evaluate any given card until you know about all the cards, how they interact with each other, Set3, and prior sets.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by Flairina View Post
    So aside from wondering what "Empower" is supposed to mean, the reveal of a Primal Dawn card makes me wonder why there is no Shattered Destiny card. I'll be waiting on that.
    There was a card named "Destiny" at first, but it got shattered and is no longer in the set.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I'll say this about Psionic Flame - I think you'll see the utility of having lots of actions available to you when you see some of the underlying archetypes/themes in the set. It'll probably get more play than people think.
    Tease.

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    Looking forward to Srimal Dawn.
    Please, it clearly says Srimxl Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
    But in all seriousness, I can't imagine the Blackguard getting used in competitive play.
    I can. Suicide Blood. A 4 cost 6/6 is pretty beefy. Hand disruption, some removal, a couple 1 or 2 drop troops and Blackguards.

I know everyone is all excited and I don't want to be a buzzkill... but is there really only one new keyword/mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jugg View Post
    I know everyone is all excited and I don't want to be a buzzkill... but is there really only one new keyword/mechanic?
    There's the further development of other keywords/mechanics that didn't get enough exploration in the previous set(s). And a whole bunch of new archetypes that will be possible. And the resurgence of some older limited play styles that lost favor over the last couple of sets. So, even if Overpower is the only brand new keyword, it doesn't need to mean that there are not a lot of exciting things going on with the set.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by Quantius View Post
    I can. Suicide Blood. A 4 cost 6/6 is pretty beefy. Hand disruption, some removal, a couple 1 or 2 drop troops and Blackguards.
    Could also dump that power on a lifedrain troop, or a troop that does a thing that it does DMG to a champ. Someone might be able to figure out a cool combo with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post

More generally, it's impossible to properly evaluate any given card until you know about all the cards, how they interact with each other, Set3, and prior sets.
    That maybe so; however, at face value this card hurts me.

My favorite TCG card of all time is Prophetic Bolt, this card can't help but remind me of that card in its function, flavor, and art. Sadly, I find it real hard to imagine scenarios where it isn't magnitudes worse.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma