Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn Revealed!

For me the big surprise in this announcement is the size of the set : 300+ instead of about 250 like in the last two sets.
    I can't help thinking it is maybe a hint about set rotation with the set next to Primal Dawn... In fact I really hope for, so i may be misled

I just want to point out that I got to be the creator of the Primal Dawn Hex News & Announcements thread!

Take that, Phenteo!! *runs*

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eimerian
    Primal dawn? I read about them in Time magazine!
    /BowsDown
    Glad somebody got my old people joke :P

Will we have spoiler videos as we did on shattered destiny?
    IGN: Geffen

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    They reprinted it in Ravnica? I only remember it from Apoc. And yea it was good in draft, but it was a rare, those can be pretty busted in draft. It never dominated constructed. And I'm not even looking for something as good as it, but this is just a whole lot worse.

I mean, even if it was a quick action it would likely be slightly worse.
    Nope, I was confused. Card seemed so Izzet to me that I misremembered when I played with it. After a quick search, I figured out I was thinking of Electrolyze. Prophetic Bolt is a cool card too. Both go well in a Jhoira EDH deck.

Missed an excellent opportunity for a 1XY cost
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

My guess for Psionic Flame is that there are going to be cards that give you access to many temporary resources. I've already tampered with a Scraptech Brawler deck that aims to give you a bunch of resources for a life siphon or burn to the ground, but there are just not enough cards out there to support it.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by hitchslap88 View Post
    My guess for Psionic Flame is that there are going to be cards that give you access to many temporary resources. I've already tampered with a Scraptech Brawler deck that aims to give you a bunch of resources for a life siphon or burn to the ground, but there are just not enough cards out there to support it.
    Don't forget Maestro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brjuntinaar View Post
    Nope, I was confused. Card seemed so Izzet to me that I misremembered when I played with it. After a quick search, I figured out I was thinking of Electrolyze. Prophetic Bolt is a cool card too. Both go well in a Jhoira EDH deck.
    But is it better than Invoke the Firemind?

Also, I'm interested in the fact that it's "Empower: [card name]" instead of just "Empower". Means there will be cards that Empower cards other than themselves, or perhaps cards that say something like "change all instances of "Empower: [card name]" to "Empower: [this]."