Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please don't tell me Killipede is a valid PvP card

Please don't tell me Killipede is a valid PvP card

Otherwise it's the most absurdly broken card in existance, out of every card game there is. The ability to one-kill a hero is something I have NEVER seen in any card games.

Killipede can't one-hit kill a player. At minimum it requires two attacks. It's also very vulnerable to anything which lowers its Attack in addition to the normal "dies to removal" concerns any finisher has.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=368981

This card is not very different from Magic's 'Master of Cruelties,' so the abiltiy isn't exactly unique to Hex. And it's worth noting that neither Master of Cruelties nor Killipede has seen any significant competitive play, so it's probably within the realm of handling. The fact that it has no immediate board impact (needs to untap) and dies to removal spells means that players have a solid window of answering the card with cards of their own. You just need to be prepared to deal with big creatures.

I mean, in terms of 5-drops, I'd take Crocasaur over Killipede most scenarios. It has an immediate board impact, so even if the opponent has cards in hand to deal with it, they may not even have the ability to mitigate the damage. That's the sort of quality that makes a card too strong in competitive TCGs: getting what you wanted out of the card even if the opponent has answers in hand.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Phage on the other hand is, 'get her though once, you win'.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=382324

It is. And it's not that good really.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Killipede would be soooo much better if there were other cards that could Infect your opponent

Magic also had other forms of victory.

Coalition Victory is a single spell that makes you win the game.
    Amulet of Quoz would force players to ante a card or lose the game on a coin toss.
    Poison counters would make the enemy lose similar to Kilipede and there are now MANY creatures that give them out.

Let's list the "You win the game" permanents from Magic:

- Azor's Elecutors
    - Barren Glory
    - Battle of Wits
    - Biovisionary
    - Celestial Convergence
    - Chance Encounter
    - Darksteel Reactor
    - Epic Struggle
    - Felidar Sovereign
    - Hedron Alignment
    - Helix Pinnacle
    - Hellkite Tyrant
    - Laboratory Maniac
    - Mayael's Aria
    - Maze's End
    - Mortal Combat
    - Near-Death Experience
    - Now I Know My ABC's
    - Test of Endurance
    - The Cheese Stands Alone

Not to mention Yu-Gi-Oh has Exodia...

So I don't know what you're talking about. Such instant win cheese has existed in other card games.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    Killipede would be soooo much better if there were other cards that could Infect your opponent
    i'm pretty sure they will come... i mean PvE already has them
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by BreadMold View Post
    Otherwise it's the most absurdly broken card in existance, out of every card game there is. The ability to one-kill a hero is something I have NEVER seen in any card games.
    Its valid . its so easy to counter, u mught get your kilipede sand quickly find out thats not that great ~~ Its good in only specific match up agaisnt any contorl type deck its pretty useless
    Last edited by Elwinz; 03-03-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Proud Champion tier backer

I was going to mention Vraska the Unseen as well, although that takes a little more effort.