Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn - First Light

Hexahedron -
    Can you go into more detail about why a copied troop transformation from a Titania's Majesty proc would be different than any troop transformation from a Azurefate Sorc inspire?

If the transformation is troop to troop, wouldn't both instances of transformation keep the gem(s)?

Why is the TM gem lost, and the Azurefate Sorc gems kept? Is that because the base gem power on TM is from the Action itself, and not from a troop? It's fairly confusing...

It might be because Titania's Majesty actually gives the card a gem, but the Azurefate Sorceress gives it the abilities rather than an actual gem.

I don't know why the addition of gems wouldn't be carried over in transformations, but they seem to be treated differently.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Hexahedron -
    Can you go into more detail about why a copied troop transformation from a Titania's Majesty proc would be different than any troop transformation from a Azurefate Sorc inspire?

If the transformation is troop to troop, wouldn't both instances of transformation keep the gem(s)?

Why is the TM gem lost, and the Azurefate Sorc gems kept? Is that because the base gem power on TM is from the Action itself, and not from a troop? It's fairly confusing...
    He previously explained it a bit more thoroughly in this post here. To sum up, it's basically as Aradon said: the difference between giving a troop a gem and giving a troop the powers of a gem.
    -Stormshard

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
    He previously explained it a bit more thoroughly in this post here. To sum up, it's basically as Aradon said: the difference between giving a troop a gem and giving a troop the powers of a gem.
    Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Erukk View Post
    Just for clarification, but how would empower work with a constant cost reduction like Technical Genius?

Say that you have an artifact that can empower that costs 4. Genius brings its cost down to 3, and I'm guessing that once empowered (with Genius still on the field) the empowered version of the artifact would cost 6? And after all that, Genius would bring the empowered version of the card down to a cost of 5? I'm just wondering since different sorts of cost reduction abilities, especially constant ones, would make it much easier to pull off empowered cards in the future.
    Prior to Empowering you would have a 4 cost card with a -1 cost modifier. Upon activating Empower, the game would see that the card's current cost is 3 and would add a +3 modifier to that card after transforming it. The Empowered version of the card has the same base-cost as the original, so you would then have a 4 cost card with a -1 modifier and a +3 modifier, resulting in a 6 cost card.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Hexahedron -

Titania's Majesty creates a new card with the gem. While Azurefate Sorceress adds the socket powers as a modifier to an existing card. A gem granted by Titania's Majesty is part of the base card that is created, and would not be removed by a reversion effect, for instance. You can think of it as sort of like a replica. If you revert a replica created by Mimic, it does not stop being an artifact and does not lose the robot and replica traits. It's a new card that is just a slight variation of an existing card. Likewise, if you play a transformation effect like Angelic Ascension on a replica, the resulting Angel is not an artifact or robot. That's why the Titania's Majesty gem doesn't stay with the troop when it transforms, because it is part of the original form of the card and is not a modifier.
    Last edited by HEXahedron; 03-07-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks, that also helps me understand the variation.

I was lost there for a second with the cost but after reading it properly i grasped it, thanks for a excellent explanation.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by HEXahedron View Post
    Prior to Empowering you would have a 4 cost card with a -1 cost modifier. Upon activating Empower, the game would see that the card's current cost is 3 and would add a +3 modifier to that card after transforming it. The Empowered version of the card has the same base-cost as the original, so you would then have a 4 cost card with a -1 modifier and a +3 modifier, resulting in a 6 cost card.

Titania's Majesty creates a new card with the gem. While Azurefate Sorceress adds the socket powers as a modifier to an existing card. A gem granted by Titania's Majesty is part of the base card that is created, and would not be removed by a reversion effect, for instance. You can think of it as sort of like a replica. If you revert a replica created by Mimic, it does not stop being an artifact and does not lose the robot and replica traits. It's a new card that is just a slight variation of an existing card. Likewise, if you play a transformation effect like Angelic Ascension on a replica, the resulting Angel is not an artifact or robot. That's why the Titania's Majesty gem doesn't stay with the troop when it transforms, because it is part of the original form of the card and is not a modifier.
    Thank you for this explanation, it is much clearer to me now :-)

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by HEXahedron View Post
    Ah, so the game keeps track of the -1 cost modifier throughout the entire process. I guess that would make it a truly constant cost modifier then.

Thank you very much for the clarification on the matter!

It's complicated stuff like this that makes me really appreciate the hard work the programmers put into this game.

Writing code to keep track of all these changes must not have been easy.

Kudos
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.