Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn - First Light

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    I would expect the +1/+1 gem not to be doubled, because it is a static ability on a troop that provides a benefit. It's not active on the card when it is empowered (in the hand), so the attack/defense boost isn't doubled. It'll get a +1/+1 boost when in play, unless the empowered version magically copies the gem slot somehow. My bigger suspicion is that no empower cards will have sockets, and just sidestep the issue.
    I guess the best test is to just play with it, but there seems to be some information in this thread that makes me question whether or not it will work. I think on page 2 or 3 magician notes that the cards "cost", 'atk/def', and "starting text numbers" are doubled.
    He later mentions "Starting" of all the above for a card with empower. But does "Starting" mean before it's empowered, or before any of the aforementioned text is modified? I think it means the prior.

So now that socket powers are active in all zones, a +1/+1 gem on a 3/2 troop when empowered would make the troop a 7/5 with a +1/+1 gem = an 8/6 troop

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I guess the best test is to just play with it, but there seems to be some information in this thread that makes me question whether or not it will work. I think on page 2 or 3 magician notes that the cards "cost", 'atk/def', and "starting text numbers" are doubled.
    He later mentions "Starting" of all the above for a card with empower. But does "Starting" mean before it's empowered, or before any of the aforementioned text is modified? I think it means the prior.

So now that socket powers are active in all zones, a +1/+1 gem on a 3/2 troop when empowered would make the troop a 7/5 with a +1/+1 gem = an 8/6 troop
    Maybe there are no cards with Empower and sockets, so this wouldn't matter.
    The poster formerly known as EntropyBall - Member of Cornerstone & The Unnamed Council - Fan of hex.tcgbrowser.com - Has sigs turned off on the forum

it always matters, e.g. titania to give it a gem and yesterday/time ripple to put it in hand and use empower.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    it always matters, e.g. titania to give it a gem and yesterday/time ripple to put it in hand and use empower.
    If you were to do this with a Nightsky Prophet, the gem would not be present after empowering, the same as with any transformation effect.

So if you were to do this with Titania's Majesty socketed with the Minor Wild Orb of Primorium (+1 attack and defense in all zones) and had at least , the Nightsky Prophet would be a 3-cost troop with 4 attack and 3 defense. Thus, empowering it would give it +3 cost, +4 attack, and +3 defense. However, Empowered Nightsky Prophet would lose the gem power in the process of transforming, so it would end up as a 6-cost troop with 7 attack and 5 defense.
    Last edited by HEXahedron; 03-04-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HEXahedron View Post
    If you were to do this with a Nightsky Prophet, the gem would not be present after empowering, the same as with any transformation effect.

So if you were to do this with Titania's Majesty socketed with the Minor Wild Orb of Primorium (+1 attack and defense in all zones) and had at least , the Nightsky Prophet would be a 3-cost troop with 4 attack and 3 defense. Thus, empowering it would give it +3 cost, +4 attack, and +3 defense. However, Empowered Nightsky Prophet would lose the gem power in the process of transforming, so it would end up as a 6-cost troop with 7 attack and 5 defense.
    Interesting tidbit of information working as i expected it which is good thanks a lot.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Do added gem slots not carry over when transforming? I was unaware.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by SacrificialToast View Post
    Do added gem slots not carry over when transforming? I was unaware.
    This is true, however if a card is given "socketed powers" from cards like Azurefate Sorceress, the powers will carry over, as there isn't any socketing going on.
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by 05K4R View Post
    This is true, however if a card is given "socketed powers" from cards like Azurefate Sorceress, the powers will carry over, as there isn't any socketing going on.
    really? wow
    one moment I think I understand all rules and game mechanics pretty well, then the next moment I feel again like a noob who just downloaded the game

Happy i got my playset of indigo dreamwalker before the spoiler...

Master Theorycrafter
    Just for clarification, but how would empower work with a constant cost reduction like Technical Genius?

Say that you have an artifact that can empower that costs 4. Genius brings its cost down to 3, and I'm guessing that once empowered (with Genius still on the field) the empowered version of the artifact would cost 6? And after all that, Genius would bring the empowered version of the card down to a cost of 5? I'm just wondering since different sorts of cost reduction abilities, especially constant ones, would make it much easier to pull off empowered cards in the future.