Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEX Update - Growth

HEX Update - Growth

“Dawn” is an interesting word to use for our next feature release in that here in the office, it HEX feels like such a different game compared to where we were with the Armies of Myth release. Clearly, Chronicles of Entrath – Chapter 1 is a huge part of that. But we also just completed our first ESports tournament— quite successfully, I might add. Those are the two big parts of HEX you’ve seen, but there’s so much behind the scenes that’s been updated as well.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-growth/
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Reanimator decks are slowly getting tools ...still needs more discard/self-bury outlets and cheaper rising effects but between rise again and rotten rancor, I'm curious to see how long until turn 5 vs blood/wild reliably means " walking clam I choose you ! ".
    IGN Olfff, member of Team ClockWork

" In mill we trust "

Walking clam can never be reanimated because it never goes to grave

It is impossible to reanimate a Walking Calamity as it can never be in your crypt, no shortage of powerful troops in blood or wild.
    IGN : Hercone

You are both right, I did not think about that, my bad.
    IGN Olfff, member of Team ClockWork

" In mill we trust "

The Transcended
    Argus would work though, especially in PvE with his boots equipped.

whoever is posting these news articles on the Hex main page needs to learn that, if you changed your clocks for Daylight Saving Time, you changed time zones. you're no longer in PST. you are now in PDT. there is an hour difference. PST still exists, and it isn't the time that you mean.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by PTGMach View Post
    whoever is posting these news articles on the Hex main page needs to learn that, if you changed your clocks for Daylight Saving Time, you changed time zones. you're no longer in PST. you are now in PDT. there is an hour difference. PST still exists, and it isn't the time that you mean.
    So, soooo true. Though to be fair, it seems to be one of those increasingly commonly accepted incorrect word, phrase, or acronym usages in modern speech.

On a Shin'hare related note... not as excited bout Pactmaker Heretic as I wish I was. I've still yet to find a wild + blood shin'hare dual deck that I didn't feel was weaker then if it had been mono, shin'hares wild and blood cards/strategies not only don't seem intended to work together, but actively interfere with each other such that they are consistently worse then just dualing with some other shard if you don't want to go mono. Pretty much the only cross over between the strategies is generating battle hoppers but I don't know that either shard has any generators that are so good they're worth dual sharing to have access to both.

On the surface Patctmaker seems like he could work with either strategy, he makes use of the battle hoppers blood bunnies dump in the crypt, and could potentially allow wild bunnies to recover from an extinction. The problem is the cost. My rule of thumb is that a card has to be extraordinarily exceptional to justify 5 cost regardless of shard requirements, especially for shin'hare who don't have any resource generation and for whom most of their best cards are cost 1 to 3. Still, for the right effect I could certainly justify curving a shin'hare deck to reach 5 consistently. The problem is the effects, while good, are themselves extremely expensive. In order to use him the turn he's played you need 8 resources, and a troop in your crypt you wouldn't mind removing from it. If you actually have all that you basically either got an extremely expensive sensei of the wounded petal, or an extremely expensive Moon'ariu Sensei. While it has the flexibility to be either based on what you need at that moment, its so much worse then either of those options it feels extremely over priced. Granted it has the ability to continue to use its effect, and if it's base cost was, say, 2, like living totem, I think I might be really excited about this guy, but thats not the case, he costs 5, so by the time you can already play him you're almost certainly already in the end game and the number of turns left where you might use his abilities are likely very limited.

Of course its all together possible he simply wasn't intended for shin'hare decks (I can certainly see him being solid in draft for instance), but I guess I've just been waiting for a while for something to really get me excited about doing dual wild/blood shard shin'hare since set one so when I saw a shin'hare with both I got my hopes up a little. If only his effect also said something like "if the troop you targeted was a shinhare, gain +2/0 resource" then at least if you could keep him alive for at least one turn he'd have the potential to use his effect several times on the next turn in pure shin'hares decks and he'd still be whatever he's currently meant to be for everything else, and such a change probably wouldn't effect draft much since this isn't a shin'hare set so his potential targets for the bonus would be very limited.

Anyway, we'll see, as with all new shin'hare cards that don't wow me I try to keep an open mind and hope they're better then I initially give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMeek View Post
    On a Shin'hare related note... not as excited bout Pactmaker Heretic as I wish I was. I've still yet to find a wild + blood shin'hare dual deck that I didn't feel was weaker then if it had been mono, shin'hares wild and blood cards/strategies not only don't seem intended to work together, but actively interfere with each other such that they are consistently worse then just dualing with some other shard if you don't want to go mono. Pretty much the only cross over between the strategies is generating battle hoppers but I don't know that either shard has any generators that are so good they're worth dual sharing to have access to both.
    Yeah, we all pointed out how beatdown and sacrifice want to do two diametrically opposing things.

It's nice at least that this set will finally have some golgari-esque graveyard effects. This guy may be limited fodder, but eventually strong cards will be playable in these colors.

Of course we're spoiled up the whazbo elsewhere, such as how much stronger a Rootfather is with red gems instead of green gems. Kinda... overshadows what you can get with other combinations with Wild.

The thing about these BW spoilers is that you're missing information about other commons in the set. For example, there is a low cost Truffle dude that gets +3/+3 or +4/+4 (can't remember which) when he enters the Crypt. So, getting him back into play and/or back into your deck is something you'll want to be able to do. And this isn't only example of a troop hitting the Crypt and getting a buff as a result.

We still haven't seen 2/3 of the Set. We need to be careful about judging the utility of the cards we do know about.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."