Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with beating Killipede (PvE)

Need help with beating Killipede (PvE)

At this point I feel that being a human cleric will severely handicap me in this battle, because I've heard guides say that Orcs have the easiest time with this boss. If I can switch character via making a new one and making sure that the map doesn't reset, then I definitely would, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

This is hands down the hardest PvE encounter I have faced so far. Not only are my characters weaker, but also the boss has the ability to kill me in 3 turns using his broken hero power. And to make matters worse, all his minions have deadly so unless my characters have flying there's no way I can attack.

And if that isn't enough one of his minions causes me to discard a card per turn.

Is that what I should do - make a full flying deck? Flying minions from my experience have weaker stats, and having a bunch of 1/1's with flying will barely dent him considering how much he can kill me in 3 turns.

Oh and I'm also at level 5 at this point.

Short form: Vine Trap with equipment. Runic Monolith is also useful.

Is this the first or second form of Killipede?

If it's the second form, since you're human, you have...what...red/blue/white as your shard grid?

First off, Adaptatron is always the easiest way to kill any of the AI fights currently, as they don't grasp the player's potential for combat tricks. Secondly, The Killipede will not swing his 1/5 Lethals at you if you have an untapped creature with 5 power and swiftstrike, because it doesn't correctly evaluate the fact that its own Killipede will disappear at the end of the turn anyway, so it will choose not to make the trade.

Cheap tricks aside, your best bet is probably red/blue control....and I'll keep most of my suggestions on the relatively cheaper side of things.

There are a few red spells that deal 1 damage to multiple creatures, like Staggering Blast (or a Dream Skarn if you can get your hands on one), and the vast majority of the Killipede's troops have only 1 HP. On the blue side, there are an additional number of spells that will drastically hurt the Killipede's ability to get board presence, like Throwback (which will toss a creature back into its hand and give it -1 power), and Countermagic. Cripple and Fish Hands are also very solid control choices in R/S.

After rounding out much of your deck with cheap control and removal (even a late Ruby Lance works if you have to get rid of a 5 HP Killipede now), a few blue flyers and Tricerobots with Ruby Aura will likely turn the game around for you.

P.S. I say Tricerobots and Adaptatron because IIRC The Killipede's main form of targeted creature removal is Dishonorable Death, which only targets non-artifacts.

I don't have any AoE cards, like any whatsoever.

Also it turns out this boss is a lot more BS than I expected. If I'm toxified, then the enemy will kill me in ONE HIT, even from 30 life. How is that fair?

Also remember that if you have any of the Diamond cards that grant Armor, that turns a 1 point hit from a Killipede into 0, so no toxification. If you cannot run Wild, then you try to optimize your deck for removal and making sure you have a blocker in play at all times. Another thing to try is the daily card reading from the tent caravans, you might get something that will help you out, like starting the game with a resource for a head start. Also, if you do not go first or cannot get a blocker down on your first turn, just concede and try again.

I've put in 3x burns into my deck and this fight is still IMPOSSIBLE.

Like seriously do I have to grind to level 10 or something?

I can't get past the killipedes. If I block them my minions get destroyed. And the next turn they one-shot me. And they have like a MILLION killipedes in their deck.

This is assuming that my minion can reach 5 attack considering the initial -1/-1 they all receive.

How do I grant armor, and what does said armor look like? Is it similar to Hearthstone's armor mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    Is this the first or second form of Killipede?

If it's the second form, since you're human, you have...what...red/blue/white as your shard grid?

First off, Adaptatron is always the easiest way to kill any of the AI fights currently, as they don't grasp the player's potential for combat tricks. Secondly, The Killipede will not swing his 1/5 Lethals at you if you have an untapped creature with 5 power and swiftstrike, because it doesn't correctly evaluate the fact that its own Killipede will disappear at the end of the turn anyway, so it will choose not to make the trade.

Cheap tricks aside, your best bet is probably red/blue control....and I'll keep most of my suggestions on the relatively cheaper side of things.

There are a few red spells that deal 1 damage to multiple creatures, like Staggering Blast (or a Dream Skarn if you can get your hands on one), and the vast majority of the Killipede's troops have only 1 HP. On the blue side, there are an additional number of spells that will drastically hurt the Killipede's ability to get board presence, like Throwback (which will toss a creature back into its hand and give it -1 power), and Countermagic. Cripple and Fish Hands are also very solid control choices in R/S.

After rounding out much of your deck with cheap control and removal (even a late Ruby Lance works if you have to get rid of a 5 HP Killipede now), a few blue flyers and Tricerobots with Ruby Aura will likely turn the game around for you.

P.S. I say Tricerobots and Adaptatron because IIRC The Killipede's main form of targeted creature removal is Dishonorable Death, which only targets non-artifacts.
    I would add Mutate to your list of sapphire actions that does a good job of neutering a Killapede. And it lets you draw a card.

You can also use Diamond cards like Shard Ward to nullify one turn of attacks (in essence wasting Killapede 2's charge power).

You found piranhas easier than kilipede? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by BreadMold View Post
    the initial -1/-1 they all receive.
    Alright, so you're fighting the first form of the Killipede, not the second. Thanks for answering my question.

Hop on the AH and buy an Adaptatron or 2 if you haven't opened one. They are something like, 30 cents. Cast other creatures to bait out his removal (his first form has more removal than his second) so your Adaptatron doesn't die as soon as it enters play.

Mulligan until you get one in your starting hand if you're having this much trouble. Use pump spells like Ruby Aura with its equipment (for +2/+0 and Swiftstrike).

He casts Killipede on his turn 4, at best. So, on your turn 4, if you have a Countermagic in hand, don't cast anything, so you can Counter his Killipede. Otherwise, he'll swing with it on his turn 5, which would be the right time to use a Throwback or other Quick removal, if you didn't have the option to counter it.