Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Art, oh the art... (big compliment)

The Art, oh the art... (big compliment)

When Hex first released Sett 001 I thought: "Well, quite nice especially for a company starting more or less from the sratch." And still I like the Artwork from Set 001. Still with a handfull of exceptions, the quality of the majority of the cards is in the league of "pretty ok but not high end or state of the art" (please don't flame me now, this goes along with the atmost respect to any artist who worked on HEX stuff so far and the time and budget restrictions they faced).

It became a bit to MUCH better with every new Set.

And now Primal Dawn....

Oh boy, the art now is sooooo great.
    Best example in my opinion is "Primal Dawn" itself. I can't get enough of looking at it. All the details, especially all the guys we already now and love (or hate when playing against them), the composition, the lighting and also the guys or in this case guy we do not know yet
    It is an outstanding example of this high level detail, high end art that we can see in the complete Set 004, at least judging from what has been presented so far.

I would still love to have a handfull of cards with weird really artistic prictures. In this regard I always think of the first "Stasis" from "that other TCG". It was not really beautiful but interesting and puzzling.

Overall thank you so much Cory and the complete CZE team for the awesome game and decision to invest big time into the art. This really adds fun and value to the experience. And my special thanks again to all the artists who do such an amazing job bringing the fiction into digital reality. You enrich my life

I can't wait to get a full EA playset of these! Screw you VK!

As much as beatiful ART is the problem of the game is not ART, the problem is bugs bugs and many toher things they need mroe good programers not artist, game need to be palyable.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    As much as beatiful ART is the problem of the game is not ART, the problem is bugs bugs and many toher things they need mroe good programers not artist, game need to be palyable.
    More programmers won't magically speed up that process.

Thanks for the high praise SixLooter! Cory is a man who definitely understands the importance of quality visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by RCDv57 View Post
    More programmers won't magically speed up that process.
    Staying with the same small team, wont do that for sure.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Master Theorycrafter
    I concur, big up to the team! And Cory's eye for perfection!

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    I demand primal dawn sleeves and posters! I insist that we get these right away! .... pweety pwease?

The art is indeed flippin' amazeballs!
    As I tweeted earlier, a lot of us are going to need roof repairs after seeing all this delicious art
    #1kb

Think the artist is a WWE fan much?

Quote Originally Posted by RCDv57 View Post
    I can't wait to get a full EA playset of these! Screw you VK!

Not that there is anything wrong with that at all!