Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn spoiler compendium - post 'em as you see 'em!

Not really a good example, since Meek isn't in this draft environment, and Rot Cast is uncommon so won't crop up TOO often (at least a single drafter is reasonably unlikely to have more than one of them). Having super cheap instant speed removal in only 1 shard doesn't really discourage aggro. Now if we still had Meek, Fiery Indignation was instant, and Wild still had Survival of the Fittest, THEN we really could say aggro was being curtailed in limited. Which was sort of lightreaper's point. Having one or two hate cards easily available is no big deal, but having several concentrated / specific forms of removal for an entire archetype all at once would be a problem (if that was the situation we were in, which we are not).
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Remember we haven't seen many of the common and uncommon where you would really want answers. I for one would love a answer to spiders especially one that is really strong but restrictive.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Devoted Emissary
    good or not it was just an example to ilustrate that having some diversity of removal spells from which to choose doesn't hurt an archetype. not every card in set 4 has been spoiled but i hope to see some more spider hate, i'm sure the devs can come up with lots of ideas (move some eggs some spaces down the deck, a troop that gives spiders you draw some chance to become your spiders, etc.). and i've never said we should have several spider hate cards just some (may be one more in artifact form, so playable by all) more than that orc which is only playable in ruby
    king tier backer, catalan and european

I suspect the Orc is continuing the cycle of hate cards that were in set 2 for limited purposes. Child of Rust, Snare Trapper, Callous Awakener & Brood Missionary.

Quote Originally Posted by lightreaper View Post
    I suspect the Orc is continuing the cycle of hate cards that were in set 2 for limited purposes. Child of Rust, Snare Trapper, Callous Awakener & Brood Missionary.
    Brrr, I still remember several drafts that I have lost to the Brood Missionary (less so to Callous Awakener)...

Quote Originally Posted by lightreaper View Post
    Ding, ding
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

And here i just want a hate card in every shard for spiders...
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    And here i just want a hate card in every shard for spiders...
    if we take into account stinging ambush, sorrow and staggering blast we are almost there xD
    king tier backer, catalan and european

TheGravecrawler had a Twitter spoiler:

I know it's not quick, but I still see myself using this over Kill a lot - or both together!

The first clause probably won't be relevant very often, but being able to hit artifact troops is a very nice upgrade over Kill even as a Basic Action.