Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn spoiler compendium - post 'em as you see 'em!

Not a rare Vorsa, it's uncommon. It's a big body designed almost purely for limited. Turning your spy into a draw engine to take the late game seems completely viable.

Edit: It's also insurance to keep a large troop on the board. If it gets targeted by a Reap or Pride's Fall you can still draw 2 cards.
    Last edited by Erebus; 03-16-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsa View Post

Shrine of Xinlurgash
    Unpronounceable awesomeness, for multiple deck themes!
    I particularly appreciate it can simply eat itself, if it is in danger of becoming a burden.

I didnt even think of using itself is a sacrifice. Makes it much better to me now.
    It can def find a spot in a shinhare sac deck

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Not a rare Vorsa, it's uncommon. It's a big body designed almost purely for limited. Turning your spy into a draw engine to take the late game seems completely viable.

Edit: It's also insurance to keep a large troop on the board. If it gets targeted by a Reap or Pride's Fall you can still draw 2 cards.
    I would say its that insurance factor that makes it of a rare-like power level, and not a bad rare at that. It might not bee good enough for constructed, but this is a 1st pickable for sure. =)
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I disagree. It will be extremely relevant in Set 4. It also combos nicely with quite a few cards that already exist.
    You of course have seen a lot more of the set than I have, but it's hard to imagine that getting essentially random thresholds is going to be super relevant on a spell designed to take out single threats. It seems unlikely that you will get a lot of value out of both clauses simultaneously. Relying on your opponent to provide your thresholds just seems like a terrible deck design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    You of course have seen a lot more of the set than I have, but it's hard to imagine that getting essentially random thresholds is going to be super relevant on a spell designed to take out single threats. It seems unlikely that you will get a lot of value out of both clauses simultaneously. Relying on your opponent to provide your thresholds just seems like a terrible deck design choice.
    There are multiple cards where having more thresholds increase the power level of the card. There are also cards that benefit every time you get threshold, irrespective of what threshold you get.

And, there are cards already that benefit from it, e.g. Eternal Sage.

I think it could lead to interesting decision-making. Do I take out the opponents major threat and get threshold I don't need? Or do I take out their second best troop to power up one or more of my troops?
    Last edited by hex_colin; 03-16-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Rock League Champion
    agree, great card
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Grim martyr + million of yaz if only it weren't so slow...

From snake's stream:cleanse,3 cost 1 diamond threshold uncommon,revert all cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Extremely good card, key player in limited, but I can agree that I'm not sure the extra ability will be relevant for constructed.
    Still, awesome card to print. I'm happy to see a nice twist on the standard 3-cost kill.
    It makes it so you can use necrotic cards that are dependent on having the opponents shard in your deck without having the opposing shard in your deck. Some examples are below.

Grim Assimilation
    Neophyte Awakener
    Call the Grave
    Eye of Lixil

Determined Zombie
    Since I haven't seen anyone else post it, here is my spoiler from 3-15-2016 via the official channel

KS Backer King Tier
    Hex Streamer: http://sithos.tv