Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn spoiler compendium - post 'em as you see 'em!

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    One I remember that isn't yet on the list.

Wellspring
    Cost = XX, and maybe 2 wild threshold
    Gain X permanent resources
    Gain X Wild threshold
    Equipment adds "Gain X life"

Known card names

Airvolution - I think it gives 1 troop without flying the ability to fly, then powers up all flying troops. I don't remember too well though. It's hard to memorize 200+ cards!

Mackerel Mitts - IIRC reduces the attack power of an enemy by 1 or 2. It's weaker than cripple, but has GREAT flavor text.
    Last edited by ThrawnOmega; 03-06-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks, ThrawnOmega.
    Wellspring sounds interesting, but Sylvan Duet has never been remotely popular... possibly one of those cards that looks better on paper.

N.B. I had to drop some sections due to character limit.
    Last edited by Vorsa; 03-06-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsa View Post
    Thanks, ThrawnOmega.
    Wellspring sounds interesting, but Sylvan Duet has never been remotely popular... possibly one of those cards that looks better on paper.

N.B. I had to drop some sections due to character limit.
    I think Wellspring is a lot more playable than Sylvan Duet just because it scales well. It's a chlorophyllia without the deck thinning on turn 2 (assuming 2 wild threshold) and it can exhaust the last of your resources if you're building up to a rootfather or an eye of creation on turn 4-6. I can see people trying this card out over some chlorophyllia, especially if there's more high impact but costly cards that get added to the game.

Master Theorycrafter
    Actually, the Omens of Kismet have been mentioned before. In Kismet's Reverie's text even, I believe. They're the little flying mouse things she keeps around.
    IGN: Legan

It seems a bit too tough imo. Ramping to 6 permanent resources [with thresholds to boot] on turn 3 is somewhat outrageous [even sooner with ramp, like Puck.] The numbers should be tweaked I think, like:

Gain 1/0 the following turn for each resource spent, and 0/1 the following turn for each two. So you'd Wellspring for 3, gain 3/0 the next turn and 0/2 also, which would come online the turn after.

Quote Originally Posted by lightreaper View Post
    I think Wellspring is a lot more playable than Sylvan Duet just because it scales well. It's a chlorophyllia without the deck thinning on turn 2 (assuming 2 wild threshold) and it can exhaust the last of your resources if you're building up to a rootfather or an eye of creation on turn 4-6. I can see people trying this card out over some chlorophyllia, especially if there's more high impact but costly cards that get added to the game.
    Exclusive No-tier Backer and ResidentSleeper

Mon strimerino

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelio View Post
    It seems a bit too tough imo. Ramping to 6 permanent resources [with thresholds to boot] on turn 3 is somewhat outrageous [even sooner with ramp, like Puck.] The numbers should be tweaked I think, like:

Gain 1/0 the following turn for each resource spent, and 0/1 the following turn for each two. So you'd Wellspring for 3, gain 3/0 the next turn and 0/2 also, which would come online the turn after.
    Wellspring would not let you ramp to 6 on turn 3, unless you have a source of ramp outside your base resources. This is because you're paying X twice. On turn 4, you can play this for 2 permanent resources, so it's the same as Sylvian Duet, though you get threshold too.

It could be great in ramp decks though. Makes Fist of Briggadon playable in a deck that isn't mono-wild. Could give recources for some huge Smash to the Grounds. I didn't have the chance to play it, but it stuck in my mind as something that could be interesting, as Wild is my favorite shard.

Ooh, must have missed the second X then :P My bad. That's not too overpowered actually, but sits rather nicely. Also a decent way to use temporary ramp to generate permanent resources. Will be quite strong with Puck.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnOmega View Post
    Wellspring would not let you ramp to 6 on turn 3, unless you have a source of ramp outside your base resources. This is because you're paying X twice. On turn 4, you can play this for 2 permanent resources, so it's the same as Sylvian Duet, though you get threshold too.

It could be great in ramp decks though. Makes Fist of Briggadon playable in a deck that isn't mono-wild. Could give recources for some huge Smash to the Grounds. I didn't have the chance to play it, but it stuck in my mind as something that could be interesting, as Wild is my favorite shard.
    Exclusive No-tier Backer and ResidentSleeper

Mon strimerino

One thing I feel like I should mention: there were exactly 250 playable cards from set 4, and their distribution made it seem like a complete set (each shard had the same number of legendaries (18 total, 2 of each shard, 1 of each of the new combos, 2 artifact, 1 all shards), rares, uncommons). I'm not sure if that means the "over 300 new cards" was incorrect or if it means that they made the set and then decided to make it larger and haven't added in the new cards or what... I'm not able to make it today, so I can't ask them about it in person. =(
    -Stormshard

The Over 300 cards refers to all of the token cards created by other cards, and may also include the "empowered" versions of the cards.
    IGN : Hercone

I hadn't thought about including the empowered versions, but it still doesn't seem like it there are over fifty different additional cards that can be created (I could think of 3 cheese cards, 2 eternal cards, 5 or more Kismet coins, maybe 10 or so other token cards; are there really about 30 empowered cards?).

But if it's true, people should realize that this is a normal size set, not extra big (and also that they're all in the client, and the process of getting ready for release is just about squashing bugs).
    -Stormshard