Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn spoiler compendium - post 'em as you see 'em!

Master Theorycrafter
    Ivory Pawn is starting to look much, much better with set 4, just for being a guaranteed source of health gain every turn. Scrivener is good, but it isn't guaranteed to happen every turn. With all these "create/gain/do this when you gain health" cards though...
    IGN: Legan

I definitely see some fun PVE decks making use of the D/W lifegain synergies from set 4, including adding some Ivory Pawns. I doubt it would be worth putting into a constructed deck (unless we see some really crazy extra stuff coming out based on gaining life each turn), but in PVE that kind of slow build deck will definitely be viable, especially in a defense-oriented Cleric build.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Finally, a 3-drop Dinosaur! I'd probably use it more in a Plant deck, but still.
    Member of The Unnamed Council: A Relaxed, Yet Organized PvE Guild - apply here!

Sadly making the dino cave noticeably worse.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Well, it works with Carnasaur, Cluckodon, and Roostersaur.

Okay. Chlorosaur. Lifedrain. Combat.

When it deals damage in combat, will it survive with the extra defense points like you do if you're dealt lethal but then healed with lifedrain life gain? Or does it die?

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    Okay. Chlorosaur. Lifedrain. Combat.

When it deals damage in combat, will it survive with the extra defense points like you do if you're dealt lethal but then healed with lifedrain life gain? Or does it die?
    To be honest, a little hard to say. It's a triggered ability that doesn't have a target, so it won't go on the chain and will resolve immediately. However, I'm not exactly sure if that means it it allows the dino to cheat death.

I can imagine a situation that you could do to test it:
    Reactor Bot has a similar effect that boosts it's attack and defense when you gain a charge. The only effect that I know of that grants a charge on damage is Lightning Elemental. So you would have to engineer a situation where you have Reactor Bot and Lightning Elemental and are attacking an AI opponent that has a swiftstriker on the field. The AI needs to block the Reactor Bot and let the Lightning Elemental through...

Hmm... there's got to be an easier way to check the rules in this game...

The answer's pretty straightforward. The triggered abilities that 'don't use the chain' actually go on the chain and resolve immediately, without players getting priority. So, it's still a triggered ability rather than a static ability, and the Chlorosaur would die. The wording for him not to die would be "If you have gained life this turn, this has +3/+3."
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

I don't think the answer is that easy. State checks should happen constantly. The fact that the life gain is past tense means that the troops should have died from lethal damage before the health gain check even happens.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

its fairly easy to test but it does indeed die. The way to test it is to get lifedrain on paladin and battle a equal sized troop.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.