Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn spoiler compendium - post 'em as you see 'em!

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    its fairly easy to test but it does indeed die. The way to test it is to get lifedrain on paladin and battle a equal sized troop.
    Paladin's equipment (Gain life equal to damage received) provides the same results - Paly dies before he grows, assuming lethal pre-growth damage.
    Greyhaven
    The Unnamed Council - Community Admin

not to be nitpicky but i actually don't think it is the same thing. I can't prove it but i would assume the damage lifegain is a passive trigger while lifedrain happens at the same time as the damage with no trigger.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Impressive teaser for a "couple of spoilers" from Cory incoming tonight - hopefully not April fools ones!
    https://twitter.com/coryhudsonjones/...84387833008128

Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    not to be nitpicky but i actually don't think it is the same thing. I can't prove it but i would assume the damage lifegain is a passive trigger while lifedrain happens at the same time as the damage with no trigger.
    While the trinket might be a different mechanism, a righteous paladin with lifedrain ( a very common sight for campaign clerics ) will die to a 2/2 blocker - that would seem to be exactly the same situation as with the chlorosaur.

You'd need to give it swiftstrike as well as lifedrain - kind of a tough combo to get going, given you are starting in wild.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    While the trinket might be a different mechanism, a righteous paladin with lifedrain ( a very common sight for campaign clerics ) will die to a 2/2 blocker - that would seem to be exactly the same situation as with the chlorosaur.
    Note that Ozawa, though, is a different situation - a 2/2 Ozawa will survive against a 2/2 blocker. That's because his ability isn't triggered (even invisibly!) so when he gets blocked, the life he gains "instantly" makes him a 4/4 with 2 damage on, so that he survives.

If this were Magic we'd be able to look up layers in the rule book and figure out how exactly it's meant to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsa View Post
    Impressive teaser for a "couple of spoilers" from Cory incoming tonight - hopefully not April fools ones!
    https://twitter.com/coryhudsonjones/...84387833008128

I hope not as well because that art is amazing! Conspiracy theory: Cory is announcing it so my guess is this is princess Cory's final form!

Chlorosaur has the wording "when" and "gets", which are both words commonly used in triggers. It would have to be worded with "has" I believe for it to trigger instantly, so the lifegain would have to happen before it takes damage.

Something like "If you have gained life this turn, this has" might work, but how it is worded now it seems pretty clear to me that it would look for the lifegain after damage was dealt, which is too late to save it.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

This is Cory's final form:a crystal buffalo.

Master Theorycrafter
    He's going to tease us with awesome art, but then he's going to reveal it's all actually for Millennium Blades.

Thanks for the clarification on triggered abilities secretly using the stack guys.