Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn spoiler compendium - post 'em as you see 'em!

I hope Elf Aggro isn't too strong. Maw of the Hunt at common is pretty scary. Imagine someone dropping 2 of them on you on turn 2 or 3 D:

Early defense and looking at your opponent's hand will be a much bigger deal during this set. . .

I'm mainly here for the PvE, but Set 4 looks so well rounded that I might start playing competative

So was the article yesterday the first time these two cards were spoiled? Don't think I've seen them in this thread before...

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    So was the article yesterday the first time these two cards were spoiled? Don't think I've seen them in this thread before...
    Wow, these cards are great! I see great potential in Burning Tendrils. But I wonder, what article are you speakink about, because I didn't seen these anywhere.

Burning Tendrils has got to be one of the most disappointing cards they've spoiled thus far. Same cost, threshold, action type as Skewer but with pretty much unequivocal powercreep. Doing so in the same block as Skewer makes it particularly jarring (especially at these rarity spots where players will be fooled into thinking the usually wrong "Hex = P2W" argument that rarity defines power level, which isn't/shouldn't actually be the case). I feel they could have changed the cost/numbers or even made it Basic and not made the powercreep so blatant here.

Devoted Emissary
    bootlace : Sadly you are right about most things. Except that rarity already had a correlation to power level, but possibly it was never as obvious as with these two cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainhu View Post
    Wow, these cards are great! I see great potential in Burning Tendrils. But I wonder, what article are you speakink about, because I didn't seen these anywhere.
    This one: https://www.hextcg.com/master-theory...gur-of-sirion/

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Burning Tendrils has got to be one of the most disappointing cards they've spoiled thus far. Same cost, threshold, action type as Skewer but with pretty much unequivocal powercreep. Doing so in the same block as Skewer makes it particularly jarring (especially at these rarity spots where players will be fooled into thinking the usually wrong "Hex = P2W" argument that rarity defines power level, which isn't/shouldn't actually be the case). I feel they could have changed the cost/numbers or even made it Basic and not made the powercreep so blatant here.
    I disagree.

Tendrils is vastly better than Skewer, but there is no power creep. This has been brought up in other places, but power creep only exists when you get a strictly better version of a card that's getting played (or a new ability that is format warping). Nobody uses Skewer in constructed; its worse than Burn and/or Crackling Bolt depending on what you want to accomplish. This definitely is not on a format warping power level.

Having a better Skewer in limited is irrelevant. Draft is a self correcting format; if one shard is too strong due to a particular card or set of cards it gets overdrafted and a "weaker" archetype wins.

The card is fine.

I agree with angmar. Even if it would be similair its stil has empower on it.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Master Theorycrafter
    Agreed. Not much of a power creep when no one uses the "lower powered" one to begin with. In draft, it's not going to come up as often as skewer since it's uncommon, which pretty much balances it out power wise anyways.
    IGN: Legan