Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2 Turns Ahead Interview with Cory Jones

Master Theorycrafter
    Thanks heaps Salverus! That reward from Cory is certainly nice too.

Looking forward to finally getting to listen to the rest of this podcast or reading the transcript, whichever comes easier to me first, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    Yeah campaign is demanding on both ram and graphics, so mostly game crashes to lack of RAM i think
    That may be one cause, but I don't think it is the major one.
    I have a very decent & recent desktop PC (32 GB ram, Core i7, 12 core, 3.3GHz CPU, GeForce GTX 970 etc.)
    and the game still crashes/freezes/locks-up/severe graphical glitches very frequently (more than once an hour on average).

This is by far the least stable version since early Beta for me (it has been getting noticibaly more buggy with every release for the past 12+ mo for me) - I suspect the unfinished bits of code from being rushed to develop the next feature before properly implementing the current/previous ones are all piling up & coming back to bite.

Is my experience unusual, or are others finding the same?

(I have tons of saved error logs, but the crash message that asks you to send these to the developers doesn't include instructions on where to send the logs - I tried the regular support site, but the attachments were too large and the report was rejected.
    Does anyone know where to send these? I suspect there is such a massive back log of bugs to fix that they may not even want any more logs/reports?)
    Last edited by strawwmann; 03-25-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Thats definetly not the only issue, but low sepcs cant really play at all. With higher specs its something else, sometiimes its just something with win10. Campaign works fine for me, tough arena is broken -.-
    Proud Champion tier backer

Hero of Adamanth
    It's not only your experience straw. The log sending message is just a standard message from the framework (Unity), (i think partly to telling gently: it's not our fault, it's the programmer's fault), i believe they don't want this logs. (i asked the same thing once, like two years ago, and didnt get answer)

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    It's not only your experience straw. The log sending message is just a standard message from the framework (Unity), (i think partly to telling gently: it's not our fault, it's the programmer's fault), i believe they don't want this logs. (i asked the same thing once, like two years ago, and didnt get answer)
    OK, thanks for pointing out it is a default Unity error message.
    (I had assumed this was something the Hex developers had programmed).
    I will add clean-up routine to my start-up script (deleting 80 error log folders from last few weeks...)

I think I pretty much finished the entire transcript now, 40 pages in total with a a few things still missing here and there. Most of them do not matter for the understanding of the sentence.
    I also would like to say that every single time I worked on this during the last week, which I did split into blocks of 10 minutes of podcast, I saw at least one, mostly two, people reading the document too. I literally never had a moment where I was the only person watching it, so that was also a good motivation to finish it as quickly as possible, seeing there is a lot of demand for even though this topic fell of the first page ^^
    I also tried to keep it as literal as possible, without changing any words from what they said (even learned some new english words).

First time I was able to pick up Cory's enthusiasm about the game that everyone was writing about during the last few years.

Thanks for the wonderful transcriptions, you definitely deserve praise for your work

Thank you Salverus for doing this.

The Transcended
    I started taking notes about half way through...

Great to hear that the currency problem has a solution and they're just working through implementation at this point.

--kaitens---
    "cadence"

"eventually going to model space"
    should be "mobile" as in tablets, iPad, etc.

Regarding the rule book, having an in-game log of play by play would probably cover 99% of the questions that a rule book would and would cover many other things besides. So rather than waste time on a rule book for a digital game, spend the time on a digital solution (game logs).

80 minute mark makes me cry. It sounds like we'll never get our TCG sandbox, which means most of my favorite TCG modes will never be done in Hex (Emperor, for example).

"magical comic guys"
    should be "comet"

"traug door ????"
    trogdor
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trogdor

"Spending so much of my time, passion and energy making it and then having it cancelled and no publisher wanting to pick it up as I went around trying to convince someone to pick the game up. And then the lowest of the low, before that kickstarter, just thinking my baby was dead, this was it, it was just a complete hail [Mary]...
    Little did I know that after that I would be 3 and a half years long of continuing to work as hard, or harder, than we ever worked to continue and drive the game forward...
    soak in this moment and understand how amazing this opportunity is for you, as someone who creates things, to really have brought something into the world and then see people enjoy it and love it."
    I already knew most of this, but I am just in awe all over again at Cory's vision and fortitude to push this game through to publishing. I don't know if he's even making money off Hex yet, but when this pays off and he's a billionaire, no one should be complaining one bit. He's paid his dues and earned it. Hats off to you, Cory. Even if it all crashed tomorrow, you've already pulled off an amazing feat.