Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: giving out set4 pack codes and other business matters

Thumbs down giving out set4 pack codes and other business matters

Dear Nobles and other HEX staff, really?

Did you think that through?

Does it come as a surprise to you that every single one was redeemed by KS players?

Do you really believe to do something nice there or are you intentionally mocking about every player that joined only after KS backer and old VIP program ran out, showing us, no matter which vast amounts of money we wasted on your game, how worthless we are in your eyes?

Still not getting the point?

K, I'll explain... Only KS backers and old VIP program participants are allowed to have a second player account. I would already violate the ToS if I only started a second instance of the client to log in with my one and only account a 2nd time, risking that my account and all that stuff I paid far more real money for than most of the KSlers ever did, would get permanently banned and taken away.
    But that would be the only way to have even the slightest chance of redeeming one of those codes you so generously gave out during the Invitationals.
    Still not clear why?

The code is about 30 chars mixed numbers and letters. Nobody can memorize that, so you need to see the code to enter it to the redeem box. Being only able to use one account that means taking a screenshot, pasting that into a graphic program, get back to the HEX client, move it somewhere that leaves the code visible - only then a payhog player is able to start entering that redeem code, since chat likes to jump wildly around upon each change of interface selection, usually right in front of the redeem box - by that time you already see a KS guy rejoice about having gotten a free set4 pack and gettings congrats for that by several other KSlers...

Which shouldn't be any surprise. Most of the KS/old VIP players are permanently logged in with both their accounts parallely - thus they simply observe the chat with the code in client/acc 1 to immediately start entering it into client/acc 2, no way ever a payhog player will be able to beat that drastic interaction advantage...

So what do we see? Those players, that already have extreme everyday advantages cause of being allowed to use a 2nd account which earns them several 100-1000 platin each day by enabling them to manipulate and cheat in the most extreme ways in the AH:
    - bidding up a card/item placed for sale by acc 1 using acc 2 shortly before auction ends clearly is the mostly harmless way, as it usually only generates 50-100p more income on each sale.
    - far worse is the possibility to draw any attention on their auction by placing it with an extremely low starting bid, which makes other offers for that card nearly impossible to ever get sold, despite their buyout price usually is considerably higher than that of other offers. Then when the auction is close to be over (at what time they know exactly in contrast to any other player who just sees the rather indifferent info <12h) they first try to up-bid it to somewhere usually far higher than the median sale price for that item using acc 2 - but if those additional 100p still seem to be too little advantage taken of the payhog and newbie players for the really greedy ones of them (sth that applies to the majority of them), they simply buyout that item/card at the last moment (commonly about 30sec before auction ends) which only costs them the 5% auction fee, which is nothing compared with the additional win they get by that approach.
    - as if that wouldn't be enough, they use this dual acc method also for simply setting the value of a card to any amount of plat they seem fits -> if they want to buy all of a certain card out of the market (since they know that it'll skyrocket for sure some time later) they generate about 10-20 fake sales at about half the price that card got sold over month 1-2 times each day, can be seen in many cards AH stats as price jump to half the price been stable for month within 1 day with sales also rising from 1 or 2 to suddenly 20 on a single day -> that way they can tell any players owning that card that it was overrated all the time and will lose even more value soon, so those players are happy to get that card quickly sold to that guy for still at least half of what the card is worth. Once they stocked away a significant amount of that card making it totally unavailable on the market, everything is set for step 2 of this mean scamming:
    - that card gets used and especially emphasized for its op usefulness in the top meta or favorite meta-beating deck, thus creating an extreme demand. Then a few fake sales at usually 3-4 times that price it got force-devalued to by their manipulation are done. After that slowly minimal amounts of that card are placed in the AH at 4-5x the price they stocked it away for are placed - people eager to get that card, seeing that it was already bought at a comparable high price by other players fear they won't get one while others already have it and quickly pay the buyout price to prevent missing their "chance" of getting one. From that point on they price is continiously raised till the point is reached, where demand is satisfied, quite often achieving price levels of 8x the price they stocked away several 100 of that card for, thus earning them easily 500-700% profits on the total amount of platin spent for market-buyoff, thus making 1000 plat easily 5000 or even 7000p within only 1-2 weeks. After that this card is abandoned, now being totally overrated players expect to get that price on selling, resulting in none of those card getting sold anymore for about 2 month, after which the price has molten due to the lection of no sale back to its original level.

Sure, nothing can be done about that, since it clearly supports your goal of earning more money, which that kind of extreme market manipulation achieves very effectively, since hype on buying cards at several times their value creates a huge increase in platin demand, which directly earns you a lot of money thru players quickly recharging platin, since they fear that Arena grinding would take to long and they would miss the chance of getting one of those rarely available cards.

Do you feel that to be a mean insinuation about your motives? Why, if you wouldn't want and support that behavior, you would simply have linked alternate accounts with the main account to be treated as one account in terms of any AH interaction or CoD money sales, making it impossible to gain that gigantic advantage by being able to fully control any AH deal done from either acc.

Keeping in mind that most of the KS ranks get 2 copies of all those high-value AAs (starting from 1500p-2500p each) for free as well as a free draft each week, thus having a free platin supply of far beyond 10k to invest into the described market manipulations, we inferior payhog and newbie plaers have to live with the fact, that KSlers easily earn 50k and more free platin each month, thus making them totally independent of ever having to buy platin and enabling them to get 1000 or more packs of set4 on the release day to get full playsets and exploit the market even more by offering their spare cards for easily 10-20 times overrated prices and achieving sales on that, since we might maybe get 25-50 packs within the first month after a new set is released, thus again creating an unbridgeable gap between KSlers and all others, which will continue forever and even get bigger and bigger - which makes them dominate any tournament, forcing us to pay vast amounts of real money to even get a small chance of competing with them in any tournament. (surely that again fits your plans very nicely)

We got to live with that and accept it...

But can you imagine how it feels for us to see that those players are given even more free gifts and packs of set4, which they'll own a full playset on the day of it's release anyway for free (since bought with that free scam-money), pretending that we would have a chance of possibly getting them too. That really feels more annoying and humiliating than I could express with any words!!! You want your precious game to be an exclusive elite club just consisting of you and the original KS backers??? Then you are on the right way, just go on like that...

But if that isn't your intention you really want to think about ways to reduce that gap between the in any way over-priviledged KSlers and any other player that made the bad mistake of coming to the HEX community after the end of the KS campaign - if you could come up with anything only giving us even the smallest advantage that KSlers can't get, you would make a huge step forward in improving satisfaction and happiness of the majority of players, which by now surely payed you many times more real money than the whole KS campaign raised!

I really don't want to emphasize, but it is absolutely necessary to state, that the one, on your web site for the HEX game, highly featured and promoted rebuyer and real-money reseller of HEX cards/equips etc. makes the keep-value, re-sale possible claim a pure joke since they pay in average 1% of the cards ingame-plat-value on rebuying, at the same time selling those for the real money equivalent value of the ingame plat value, thus generating 10000% REAL MONEY REVENUE on those cards is the most suspicious and untrustable appearing webshop I ever came across - not only that it is the one and only webshop on the whole internet trading anything for real money where nowhere in the whole site any real person is named for being responsible and liable in case of any legal issues that might occur (by that, btw, transgressing the trade laws of any European and North-American country as well as those of nearly any other country on this planet), also the Terms of Service Declaration that are required to be easily accessible for any user for every site, doing business in any European or American country or district legally belonging to any of those, offering any service involving real money or monetary compensations no matter of the amount actually involved, are nowhere existent on the whole HEXPRIMAL.COM site.
    And as if those grave violations of applicable laws wouldn't make that site look far more than an organized big-style scam, it gets even far worse:

Trying to research more info about that "business" apparently having most obscure business methods, I checked the Internet domain WHOIS to find out who registered that website at least. Guess what I found? Something which is only done for deep-web/darknet sites selling totally illegal services and merchandise: The clearly ill-intended person behind that site not only tries to pretend that the site and business would be US based (despite that site is clearly hosted on a private server - not even a web hoster - in either Southern London or Amsterdam - both is possible since the information for that specific IP address was at least on one occasion intentionally altered and forged (which either involved bribing or hacking into an high-level backbone infrastructure server of the European Internet Authority)), furthermore the initiator of that site used a the payed service of a company with a very dubious reputation to fully conceal any information about his identity or whereabouts, since every information available on that side only points to that cover-up company called Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc. A quick inquiry about that revealed that it doesn't even give any information about the person requesting the registration of a site to law enforcement authorities, since it simply doesn't keep them and their whole service is payed anonymously with untraceable Bitcoins in advance for the full duration of their service being intended to be used - that is why American authorities suspect it to be involved with a huge part of all money laundering happening within US limits and is connected with every Organised Crime faction operating on US ground - therefore it is not only highly probable that the initiator of that site intends to cash out and disappear at some point, furthermore it is literally impossible to take any legal action against him or prosecute him after he did a last big-scale scam on as many customers as anyway possible, betraying them on amounts from 10$ up to several 1000$, which he can easily do, since purchase on that site is mostly done using so-called store credits which must be purchased in advance without getting any thing of value in return besides the promise they would be able to purchase anything with that at some time in the future - therefore it is undoubtly obvious that this guy just continues that business till that virtual store credit total amount (and thus his personal bank account $ balance) hits a certain threshold and will then vanish untraceably inclusively with the whole hexprimal.com site having stolen probably several 10k $ rightfully owned by HEX players whose store credits simply cease to exist with the downtake of the hexprimal.com site!

wow, way too long and cringeworthy. What are you complaining about exactly ?

Rock League Champion
    huh? o_O
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

OK mate, just skimmed your post post but you do know that you can just copy paste the codes from Twitch chat into the client right? Literally takes 3 seconds.

I do think they should raffle these codes as many, including myself, have enough Twitch delay that 'winning' the copy-paste race is impossible. Other than that

Complaining about free stuff. You will not get any back up on it,
    Proud Champion tier backer

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
    OK mate, just skimmed your post post but you do know that you can just copy paste the codes from Twitch chat into the client right? Literally takes 3 seconds.

I do think they should raffle these codes as many, including myself, have enough Twitch delay that 'winning' the copy-paste race is impossible. Other than that
    i think he meant some nobles gave some out in ingame chat --> "need for 2nd client" but nevertheless complaining about free stuff, etc...

Just want to throw out that I won a pack. Not a KS backer. *shrug*

Rock League Champion
    its not about 2 accounts, its about 2 monitors or windowed mode
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Master Theorycrafter
    Wow - just wow. The code thing if we are talking about a code listed in twitch is accessible to everyone its a simple copy paste.

As far as the auction house thing - even if we accepted that everything you say about this methodology is true (which I don't accept) you could achieve the same outcome with a group of 2 players. Anyone simply investing the value of a KS pledge could get started and the ongoing benefits are irrelevant since this method is guaranteed to make you money anyway so none of that would help. Even then accepting that this is possible only a small number of people could successfully do it since the market is not big enough to support multiple players doing the same thing.

As far as hexprimal.com goes /shrug you could be right but based on your hyperbolic rant as of today I would probably be more likely to trust them than you.

At the end of the day you seem to have some real hatred towards KS backers but no real reason for it. Also what is a payhog?

Realistically they would probably prefer KS had only one account but circumstances have made that awkward for them, the benefits of which are real but not the things you have posted about.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.