Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House Rules

Sensei of the Wounded Petal

Question House Rules

Hi guys,
    I see a lot of us have some different ways to play.

Me personally?

Regardless of how many characters we have playing the scenario, I roll the dice only after every player has gone.

Kids under 12 get one dice-roll mulligan.

Slime is not capped at 2. When chaos is rolled, if two or more ghostbusyers are tied for "closest", tie is broken through most xp first, then die roll. The movement and event die trades after each full rouns of turns, orientation is determined by who has the movement board and the direction the plaYer is facing (not the figurine), whomever has the movment board goes first in the round of turns.

Those are some rough rules, Twolfe

With new players, I allow the removal of all Slime (from others) in a single action, so they aren't frustrated with how much of their time / turn is spent slimed or removing slime. Once they know what they're doing, all bets are off.

My friends are used to munchkin and arkham horror. This doesnt do too much to us.

Just to clarify, when reading the rules, i missed the part where it states that the slime is capped at 2. We played it that way (no cap on slime), and i dont plan on changing it. We were used to arkham horror turn style, so i used that. High xp getting targeted first gives a slight disadvantage to leveling faster than others.

I dunno, Twolfe, that seems like the game would be even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    I dunno, Twolfe, that seems like the game would be even more difficult.
    We have handled it pretty good. Not as hard as arkham horror, though.

We found that we were having a little too many problems capturing ghosts, to the point where we lost a couple of fairly simple scenarios, so we implemented a house rule that if a ghost already has a proton stream on it you get to roll a d8 to attack. Doesn't help with the initial attack or class ones. But makes it just a bit easier to capture the larger guys. This also makes sense as the ghost wouldn't be moving around as much if it already has a stream on it and would therefore be easier to hit.
    Last edited by Alxndrxvier; 04-12-2016 at 10:20 PM.