Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Characters of Primal Dawn

Characters of Primal Dawn

by Loregoyle

A number of characters from the first HEX novel have made appearances in our card sets, including Periwinkle, Alwyn, and the ever-tricksy Windsinger, Master of the Hunt. In Primal Dawn, the Accidental Knight himself finally gets his own card! William, along with his soul-bonded Great Wolf Rowan, make an unstoppable combination.

https://www.hextcg.com/characters-of-primal-dawn/
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

We don't see what Wolf Rowan card is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    We don't see what Wolf Rowan card is ?
    You caught me while I was coding that part! It's up now.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Thanks! As alucard would say : "Awesome !"

William Rowan is quite a looker - for some reason makes me think he's off to a Quidditch match.

He's quite a wild card on turn 3; (in a standard deck) when you swing he has a 10% chance of changing from a vanilla 3/2 to a 3/2 with Swiftstrike and double damage.

Not an obvious card for constructed, but seems like he'd have good mileage with combat quick actions & in PvE decks with Ethereals and Kisses so he's attacking as part of a pack.
    Last edited by Vorsa; 03-07-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

that William Rowan looks cool and appears extremely good in limited with smaller decks.
    if William Rowen attacks and creates a Rowen, if then both attack and a second Rowen enters the board because it moved up to the top of the deck, the attacking Rowen goes to the crypt due to being unique before dealing damage? Interesting
    (if you run multiple Williams or if he gets time rippled)
    Last edited by Salverus; 03-07-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    if William Rowen attacks and creates a Rowen, if then both attack and a second Rowen enters the board because it moved up to the top of the deck, the attacking Rowen goes to the crypt due to being unique before dealing damage? Interesting
    Huh...almost makes me think that they need to add something to the card to prevent that from happening, as it's going to be a relatively common occurrence in decks that run multiples of him.

The Transcended
    I really like how the Rowan mechanic meshes with the lore from the book. Well done.

William's a chump and I can't wait to Kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Brjuntinaar View Post
    Huh...almost makes me think that they need to add something to the card to prevent that from happening, as it's going to be a relatively common occurrence in decks that run multiples of him.
    I can see how they could make an equipment to specifically target that eventuality (e.g. if Rowan is already in play, instead void that copy and both get +5/+5 this turn), but I'd really like a discrete fix because it does seem an obvious annoyance now it's been pointed out.
    Obviously there'd be some positive scenarios - e.g. Rowan has been incapacitated with Inner Conflict or Mesmerize - but the majority of the time he won't have been.

I think the simplest (and also strongest) change would simply be: "If the top card of your deck is a Rowan, you may put him into play."
    That prevents attack cancelling, while also allowing to 'over-write' an incapacitated Rowan or - if Rowan isn't attacking - pull a switcheroo simply so he isn't a dead draw the following turn.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild