Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100K Stories Thread

Professional cosplayers generally produce their own costumes based on the source material, though in some cases materials or a whole costume may be provided, depending on budget, time constraints, and other factors.

At least a few, possibly all, of the cosplayers in attendance were hired professionals (of particular note, the woman who was dressed as Myrym, she is fairly well known). This is a pretty standard practice in the industry.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

The cosplayers were all hired with the exception of the Jovial Pippit who dressed up on her own accord. Everyone choose their favorite Hex cards and made their own costumes based on the card art. Most of the cosplayers do it for fun though. Only a couple might actually make a living or substantial profit doing professional cosplay, such as Myrym mentioned above.

The Eternal Sage costume was hand made and worn by a very talented HEX art team member. Wasn't part of the group just a fan of cosplay and HEX.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    So my story for the evening is about Sunday night, after the tournament ended. A large group of us went out for Korean BBQ, and ate... way too much. (Jadiim Jedi posted photos on twitter - some are in the album I linked in OP)

On the way back to the hotel, I'm in Mokog's vehicle, with his wife, Eaglov, and Value City. Should be a 10-15 minute drive back to the hotel.

I think it actually took 40-50 minutes. The navagating fails were legendary, with wrong turns taken on multiple occasions, sometime heading in entirely the wrong direction for 10 minutes before realizing mistakes were made. We started to joke that it was the worst kidnapping attempt ever.

It was alright though. Considering Value City is German, and Eaglov Russian, how many opportunities would I have to speak with either of them, given the geographic distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Frekki View Post
    My first post! Overall I thought the event went well, especially for it being the first event of this kind for Hex. I have a blog post with more pictures, mostly of the cosplayers for anyone curious, since the costumes didn't get a lot of screen time.

https://frekki.wordpress.com/2016/03...al-tournament/
    That costume was AWESOME. Love all the attention to detail!

Good bits of info, thanks for sharing / clarifying that.

The Sage costume was incredible, not surprising to find out it was done by someone who is an artist professionally!
    --ossuary

Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnOmega View Post
    On the way back to the hotel, I'm in Mokog's vehicle, with his wife, Eaglov, and Value City. Should be a 10-15 minute drive back to the hotel.

I think it actually took 40-50 minutes. The navagating fails were legendary, with wrong turns taken on multiple occasions, sometime heading in entirely the wrong direction for 10 minutes before realizing mistakes were made. We started to joke that it was the worst kidnapping attempt ever.
    Sounds like the time I held Bosmopar hostage for half an hour in my car while we drove all around Forest Grove trying to figure out how to get back to the right street. And we were still way too early to game night! That's what I get for trying to be smart and beat evening traffic on the 5.
    --ossuary

Time Bug
    I had a ball of a time watching everything online. Sure, I'd have loved to be there in person, but had to choose between this and GenCon :'( TFW you live 8k miles away.

Thanks to FiveShards for the latenight board game streams. Not too many pics of the pippit who I thought was brilliant. My other faves were Constantina and Sage.

Any good food stories? Did any of the non-US folks try something out for the first time? I have particularly good memories of being introduced to catfish at last year's GenCon when I was hanging with Bombs, his girlfriend and Arahdial.
    IGN: Chocmaw | The Unnamed Council | Twitter

Does anyone have a finished picture of the signature wall? The picture I took is too saturated.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.