Thread: [BUG?] Possible Bug -- Raver's Cleaver, Change of Control, and 0/0 Raving Ghouls

[BUG?] Possible Bug -- Raver's Cleaver, Change of Control, and 0/0 Raving Ghouls

I swear I don't generate unusual board states on purpose.

Situation:
    My opponent (Sporeshambler) has a Raving Ghoul in his crypt; meanwhile, I have a Raving Ghoul in play and am wearing the Raver's Cleaver equipment for Raving Ghoul, which applies "[my] Raving Ghouls have, 'When a troop that shares a trait with this enters play, if this is in your crypt, put this in your hand.'"

My opponent casts Crackling Rot on my Ghoul, making it 0/0 and sending it to the crypt. On my turn, I cast Call the Grave on his Ghoul, putting it in my hand, changing its control to mine. I cast his Ghoul (now mine) and return my 0/0 from my crypt to my hand.

A couple turns later, his (my) Ghoul gets killed and is sent to my crypt. I cast my 0/0 Raving Ghoul from my hand, which visually appears to go directly from the chain to my crypt, bypassing an enters play state.

His (my) other Raving Ghoul still in my crypt is not returned to my hand.

Is this a matter of:
    1. My 0/0 Raving Ghoul did not enter play?
    2. His (my) Raving Ghoul did not benefit from my Raver's Cleaver even though control of the Ghoul had changed to mine?
    3. His (my) Raving Ghoul's ability to return to my hand mistriggered or somehow misevaluated the game state?

Occurred: 8 Mar 2016; ~1430 EST
    Character: Necrotic Cleric
    Encounter: Sporeshambler

Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    Is this a matter of:
    1. My 0/0 Raving Ghoul did not enter play?
    2. His (my) Raving Ghoul did not benefit from my Raver's Cleaver even though control of the Ghoul had changed to mine?
    3. His (my) Raving Ghoul's ability to return to my hand mistriggered or somehow misevaluated the game state?
    Option #2 is the reason here, and it's not a bug.

From one of our rules masters:
    Quote Originally Posted by Magician
    Your equipment only modifies cards that are created, transformed, or entered the game under your control or in one of your zones.
    For clarification: the "entered the game... in one of your zones" portion of this rule covers cards that begin the game in your deck.

Thanks for your report, but it looks like everything here is behaving as it should. I double-checked a few things in game to be sure.

Very good. We had some confusion over the overloaded "your" on equipment texts in General Discussion, as well. Thanks a bunch!