Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Dawn - Lazgar Chul

Good stuff, I really liked it as well. Nice to see things we know get shaken up.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.

I must say that my biggest worry about the Hex lore was that it would just have a constant stream of characters that were just the embodiment of their race's stereotype, something that The Accidental Knight and Adventure Zone 1 did little to quell. This, however, has given me a bit more hope (assuming the revelation isn't just "Vennen aren't just all evil zealots - they're all lying evil zealots!").

I'd love to see a few more things like this that call into question the simplistic presentation of the races we currently have (for the Ardent as well as the Underworld). I fully understand that that type of subversion is a pretty difficult thing to start off an introduction to a fantasy setting with, and hope that that's the reason that we're currently not seeing much more of this type of thing.
    Last edited by Kilo24; 03-09-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

Master Theorycrafter
    Very nicely done. Though I somehow doubt the orcs will manage to truly exterminate the vennen given that they're a flagship race, this is quite interesting. Lazgar is special, so I doubt we'll be seeing any more female vennen, but depending on how this bit ends, I'll hold out hope that it's possible. I actually am kind of wondering if any disillusioned vennen will just... leave. Doubtful they'll try to defect to the orcs, but we could end up with a special, non-aligned few of them, if things go that way. Although, the fact that it says "will speak to those who will not listen" is rather indicative of how this is going to go...

Since this is clearly the fifth sign- nice catch there by the way- the question of the third and forth signs, which presumably happened prior, needs to be brought up again. For the sake of convenience:

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns and eyes like glowing coals will overrun the land in large numbers."

"This is the Fourth Sign: Thin, hairless creatures of pure chaos will shatter an ancient soul that was long ago transformed."

The third sign was speculated to be the minotaurs, which fits, but we have no real lore on them besides them being mercenaries. There's nothing to really imply that they "overran" the land honestly, so I'm not sure what to make of this. If it's supposed to be some other creature, then what?

The forth sign was speculated to be the goblins shattering the soul of Oberon somehow- and if that happens BEFORE Lazgar reveals herself, I have to wonder what will be going on with the other factions at the time. I don't know how much love the elves have for Oberon, but I can't imagine they'll take that lying down. And WHY would the goblins do that? Besides being horrible I mean- what do they GAIN from it? Surely something, or there's no new factor to create characters with. The question of what happens to a shattered mass of pure wild magic is now raised... or, maybe they're talking about some other ancient transformed soul I've forgotten about. I dunno.
    Last edited by Flairina; 03-10-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    IGN: Legan

Quote Originally Posted by Flairina View Post
    The forth sign was speculated to be the goblins shattering the soul of Oberon somehow- and if that happens BEFORE Lazgar reveals herself, I have to wonder what will be going on with the other factions at the time. I don't know how much love the elves have for Oberon, but I can't imagine they'll take that lying down. And WHY would the goblins do that? Besides being horrible I mean- what do they GAIN from it? Surely something, or there's no new factor to create characters with. The question of what happens to a shattered mass of pure wild magic is now raised... or, maybe they're talking about some other ancient transformed soul I've forgotten about. I dunno.
    Well even a shattered primal soul has power. From https://www.hextcg.com/story/humans/, the primal of wolves sacrificed and shattered her soul to make the Great Wolves you see as human companions. The Goblins might forcibly shatter a primal's soul and then use those fragments in a manner similar to Wiktor and his fire zombies in AZ1.

Gigantisaur
    The third sign is armies of myth (the card character not the set) ??
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Very nicely done. Though I somehow doubt the orcs will manage to truly exterminate the vennen given that they're a flagship race, this is quite interesting. Lazgar is special, so I doubt we'll be seeing any more female vennen, but depending on how this bit ends, I'll hold out hope that it's possible. I actually am kind of wondering if any disillusioned vennen will just... leave. Doubtful they'll try to defect to the orcs, but we could end up with a special, non-aligned few of them, if things go that way. Although, the fact that it says "will speak to those who will not listen" is rather indicative of how this is going to go...

Since this is clearly the fifth sign- nice catch there by the way- the question of the third and forth signs, which presumably happened prior, needs to be brought up again. For the sake of convenience:

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns and eyes like glowing coals will overrun the land in large numbers."

"This is the Fourth Sign: Thin, hairless creatures of pure chaos will shatter an ancient soul that was long ago transformed."

The third sign was speculated to be the minotaurs, which fits, but we have no real lore on them besides them being mercenaries. There's nothing to really imply that they "overran" the land honestly, so I'm not sure what to make of this. If it's supposed to be some other creature, then what?

Also remember these are Coyotle signs. Coyotle don't see time the way the rest of us do, so the signs may not come in order. Though the speculation is still fun and worthwhile.
    I don't post often. But when I do, you still don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost3 View Post
    Also remember these are Coyotle signs. Coyotle don't see time the way the rest of us do, so the signs may not come in order. Though the speculation is still fun and worthwhile.
    That's a good point. If I understand it correctly to them everything is happening at the same time so there don't have to be in a chronological order.

Master Theorycrafter

It's a bit of a stretch, but the fourth sign could possibly be dealing with what Wiktor did with the flame zombies. The Hexing Gems have sentience and self-awareness, and in the Necrotic's case they are all extensions/broken off pieces of what I would hazard to call the mind residing in the huge diamond Volosolov.

If the rubies and sapphire contain the same sentience and self-awareness as the diamonds do, it could be possibly that Wiktor and the other goblins shattered a huge ruby somewhere, and they have been using the shattered bits of the "ancient soul" to fuel whatever madness they were entertaining at the time.

Love the story, just had a problem with the ending. Lazgar Chul's goal doesn't make logical sense with her backstory. "I was supposed to be slaughter as a hatchling, but I survive. Therefore I will kill Xentoth, all the Vennen and all the eggs!" How does that make her any better then the Brood Barons? Genocide is more humane then gynocide? Wouldn't someone like Chul desire her people free of Xentoth's influence. Shouldn't her goal be to rescue the eggs, not destroy them?

Crackpot theory for the future: Maybe Vennen are inherently corrupt due to being creatures of nearly pure blood magic, and Chul's real goal is to destroy Xentoth's and take her place as Primal/God/Leader of the Vennen.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

My takeaway from it was that Vennen are naturally vengeful. She doesn't want to be better than the other Vennen, just kill them for their intent to kill her. On the other hand, she also seems to be fanatically devoted to Kog Tepetl, and the orcs seem to think it's his will to destroy all Vennen. So it could either be born from Vennen instinct or from religious teachings. I don't think she's aspiring to be the better person in this case, though.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!