Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Primal Dawn - Lazgar Chul

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Pretty awesome card. Needs Crush though, so the 5 damage will go through any chump blockers that die to the -5/-5.
    I think they get -5 -5 and die BEFORE the enemy can assign them as blockers so there are no chump blockers left.

Keepname: HouseSteiner (Yes, a Battletech-Fan)

I want to improve on my English, so please tell me about every mistake I make, even the small ones.

I thought that the bull-like creatures were the orks? They tend to try to overrun anything

I want to improve on my English, so please tell me about every mistake I make, even the small ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post

Crackpot theory for the future: Maybe Vennen are inherently corrupt due to being creatures of nearly pure blood magic, and Chul's real goal is to destroy Xentoth's and take her place as Primal/God/Leader of the Vennen.
    KERRIGAN! I mean ... VENNIGAN !!!! Vegetarian! Vinegar !?!?!? It's a vegan conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by FoundInTheFlood View Post
    I think they get -5 -5 and die BEFORE the enemy can assign them as blockers so there are no chump blockers left.
    ...It specifically says they get the -5/-5 when they block.

I just finish reading the story and I really like it. Can wait to see the cards / pve that comes from this.

Remember it affects all troops the turn she enters play, not just the ones that block her. You play her and swing with board. Chances are you'll decimate the opponent's board state at the very least.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Remember it affects all troops the turn she enters play, not just the ones that block her. You play her and swing with board. Chances are you'll decimate the opponent's board state at the very least.
    Oooh, yeah, I missed that part. That's amazing. Never mind, she doesn't need Crush. You play her kinda like Gore Feast I guess.

So, I didn't see if this was said before, but is it possible that gender isn't chromosomally determined for the Vennen? And therefore, her "sisters" aren't being killed. For example, lots of reptiles have the gender distribution based on the temperature of incubation, and bees have gender determined by the geometry of the cell they grow in and the food they are given during the larval stage. It's possible if Vennen are temperature based for the gender, that by tightly controlling the environment in the brood chambers, they only hatch males, and the orcs ended up with a female because they stole the eggs and incubated them at different temperatures (as I'm sure they wouldn't pay as much attention to that sort of thing)? The 50/50 gender birth ratio and a sex chromosome are definitely not universal in biology.
    IGN: Silverwood

Master Theorycrafter
    It's possibly, but I have my doubts considering that two of the three eggs that the orcs stole were carrying male Vennen. To the best of our knowledge, those eggs were exposed to the same conditions after they were stolen, and they were all incubated for the remaining time in the same room together at roughly the same temperature.

So, it's still possibly considering we're lacking a lot of story detailing, but I'm not sure about the idea for a storytelling perspective. It would kinda ruin the vengeance storyline Lazgar has going on if Xentoth and the cabal of Brood Barons weren't systematically killing off the Vennen's female population, but instead; they were simply making sure they were never born in the first place.

It would turn Lazgar from a victim of the whims of a mad goddess/Primal to simply a fluke. A dangerous fluke, but a fluke nonetheless.
    Last edited by Erukk; 03-26-2016 at 12:02 AM.