Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't I see any marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    you are also looking at the most expensive decks since there are competitive decks at sub 1000 plat and you could make that in like 3 hours without playing the AH.
    Competitive decks for less then 1000 plat? Are you kiddin'? The cheapest of currently played Wintermoon, Benvolio and Banks builds start from nearly 6000 plat.
    1000 plat in 3-4 hours? share your method please!

The cheap competitive decks are mostly aggro ruby decks, not your control ones.

From my calculation arena runs - 30 minutes each - with current gold conversion rates can net you approx. 550 plat in 4 hours.

Largashbur

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    then you never played any ccg out of this one, spellweaver would take me two week of farming to get 2 or 3 competitive deck, DoC would take me literraly two days, HS i play 2 months a year and still have all the card i need and tons of dust i dont even use anymore.

HeX i farmed like crazy for 2 months and im far from having enough card to play many competitive deck (i still can play the most expensive one but its because i spend money for it at the beginning)

i dont enjoy drafting, and dont have that much time to do anyway since i play chess and stuff irl, cant waste 4 hours for a draft.

and lets face it, if you are a pvp players, arena is nothing but boring (campaign is fun though, even if it fade after a little time), i even fall asleep while playing it more than once.

so im not saying the game being pay2win is a bad thing, because thats what the game is made for, so you should hold your horse, but when you say the game is the most freetoplay out there, you are just lying.
    I always found it interesting how two people can look at the exact same thing and yet see something completely different.
    If you only focus on completing your collection, yes that's probably impossible to do through farming in Hex. In Hearthstone it is/was possible if you invest a lot of time.
    But then again Hex has so many more cards to offer and already so much more to do and your individual payout for farming is way higher in Hex than in any other CCG/TCG I've seen. Farming for an hour nets you 1$+ and while it's always easier to just pay for what you want, that's an amount of money unheard of in any other F2P game.

WTF are you talking aboutr Wolzarg. I wanan know you r secret tehc of eanring 1000plat in 4 hours.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Quote Originally Posted by Largashbur View Post
    The cheap competitive decks are mostly aggro ruby decks, not your control ones.
    Benvolio mono ruby is an aggro/burn deck. Also, decks that are not represented in current meta I can't consider competitive.
    Current meta: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/meta-decks/gauntlet=true

Arena for 30 minutes sounds too optimistic. I find 45-60 minutes as more real time.
    Anyway, the problem stays, grinding arena for hundred times is not a fun experience. Hopefully more high-quality PVE content will fix this issue.
    Last edited by Deathlock; 03-12-2016 at 03:27 AM.

there is something you seem to not see,

When i farm HS, i play the game, either be constructed with quest vs other player, etheir arena for those that like it, but i actually play pvp, and im much more of a pvp player.

HeX farming is boring pve, or time consumin pvp,

draft is good value if you arent too bad thats true, but draft mean planning time, that i dont have with other thing to do and a full time job. (on vacation actually thats why i was a lot on the game, but starting next week i probably not even connect more than once a week)

HS i connect, do the quest take me 20 min and i get a pack every 2 day if i only do that.

HeX has nothing that is quick to do expect for pve, thats the difference.

But its fun i remember when people complained when the game was pay2play before arena got released everyone said 'thats the goal of this game, no free to play content, because card have value", now they are the one voicing "OMG HEX BEST F2P WORLD"

Btw call me a lier all you want, DoC lvl 15 less than 48 hours after starting a smurf, was top 5 ladder, when ladder was qualifying you for the main monthly tournament.

Now like i said, it may not be a bad thing hex is different and less beginner friendly if the playerbase for that kind of game is big enough, the only question to ask is, "is there enough player ready to play that kind of game ?"
    MTGO succeeded even though it mostly because of mtg playerbase, HeX might success aswell, time will tell.

But back to the subject, w/e was said before, i never saw a single HeX advertisement actually, so if the one that said there are already doing them could show me some link, i'll be glad to watch them.

you can farm arena in 30 minutes if you already have the expensive cards to do it. which sounds like a loop.

and farming arena is the most boring thing to do.

And everytime I hear "you should farm since it is fast and cheap", I think the following:

When i farm HS, i play the game, either be constructed with quest vs other player, etheir arena for those that like it, but i actually play pvp, and im much more of a pvp player.

HeX farming is boring pve, or time consumin pvp
    Last edited by Bobze2; 03-12-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Just found a few 2000p constructed decks on Hexmeta:

http://hexmeta.com/deck/4522/show
    http://hexmeta.com/deck/4524/show
    http://hexmeta.com/deck/4536/show

kitkat: Here's a recent HEX ad video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOsy76mdRE

Anyway, I agree that farming arena is boring and tedious - but I've yet to find a game where "farming" is not boring and tedious when the result has real-world value
    Last edited by Largashbur; 03-12-2016 at 03:39 AM.

the ad is well done, though that text error on pirhana, but 906 view which i guess are mostly already hex players, isnt there is ad on famous gaming website ?

I saw faeria on those website when watching news about LoL HS and starcraft, maybe they should target their ad here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobze2 View Post
    you can farm arena in 30 minutes if you already have the expensive cards to do it. which sounds like a loop.
    and farming arena is the most boring thing to do.
    HeX farming is boring pve, or time consumin pvp
    Can't disagree with any of this statements unfortunately.
    HexEnt should consider such observations\impressions of players to really succeed.
    Spellweaver, Duelist, Faeria and more of similar-genre rivals are coming.