Thread: Making Win / Loss Record public on Twitch Streams

Sensei of the Wounded Petal

Making Win / Loss Record public on Twitch Streams

I'm planning out how I want to do Hex streams, with the plan to be much more consistent about it, especially following Primal Dawn's release.

One idea I had to differentiate my stream from others is to voluntarily make my win / loss record public, so viewers know how I'm doing. I already keep a spreadsheet on this to satisfy my curiosity and stat-whore tendencies. I'd just start a new line for Primal Dawn, so people could see what my Sealed Gauntlet, draft, etc. records are since release.

Is this information you would be curious about / enjoy knowing, if it was available to you, or is it completely irrelevant? If I had a bad run, and was like 10-33 in Gauntlet, would you stop watching someone who has a losing track record, or enjoy the ride towards improving? (My sealed gauntlet win rate is actually over 50%. That's the only format where I can say that...)

Edit:
    DataDragon - you'd be my hero if I can get my accurate personal data to update my spreadsheets. IGN is Thrawn. It's unlikely but asking never hurts, right?
    Last edited by ThrawnOmega; 03-11-2016 at 11:51 AM.

I watch streams for the entertainment aspect, winning is cool but if you're an entertaining streamer you'll keep people watching regardless.

The only thing you can do to really piss of people with your data is have it be high and brag about it. None is going to care if it is low as long as you are entertaining and/or educational to watch.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Judging by Penta's stream, people seem to enjoy watching him tank his win-rate with fun decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    Judging by Penta's stream, people seem to enjoy watching him tank his win-rate with fun decks.
    The scary part is that he's had his fair share of 5-X and 4-3 results with some absolute trash....
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Yeah, while the data might be cool to look at, I don't think it really meshes well with streaming. You could spend time on stream looking at the data and seeing where / how you had ups and downs but overall I don't think it really aids your stream to have a generic 25-19 wins/losses displayed without any context.

Some folks were doing that really early on during alpha I remember, but I don't really find it relevant.

Edit: though if you're on some insane win streak then by all means!
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Streaming is about entertaining the audience... So if that helps you keep people interested to have your W/L numbers, just do it.

As for answering your questions, I don't care about your record and I won't stop watching if your loosing every match (but will certainly do after a few misplays as this tends to makes me cringe).

I don't care about win rate.
    I prefere return on investment rate like number of packs c opened/ number of pack rewarded + number of primal packs proc with them
    Last edited by Gregangel; 03-11-2016 at 03:24 PM.

I Play to Lose and i'm very successful!
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

A much more interesting statistic tends to be win-loss for the current session honestly.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.