Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Community Tool - HexCollection thingajiggy

I don't suppose this is open source? If so, I could look into implementing direct Google Sheets connectivity to it.

Ok - if this was stated somewhere, and I missed it, I apologize - but does this work on a Mac with Office? The problem I am having is that the thing is so buttoned-up, I can't look at the data files in an accordion view or folder view - it is all compartmentalized so I can't see where the file should be copied into....If that makes any sense. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy525 View Post
    Ok - if this was stated somewhere, and I missed it, I apologize - but does this work on a Mac with Office? The problem I am having is that the thing is so buttoned-up, I can't look at the data files in an accordion view or folder view - it is all compartmentalized so I can't see where the file should be copied into....If that makes any sense. Thanks!
    It sounds to me like you are running into the problem of the fact that the file you download is in a ZIPped format. It is a way of compressing files and sending them all as one. There are quite a few programs out there that you can download to be able to open these types of files on a mac including Izip and WinZip. If you cant find a solution to this problem for the Mac and still want to use the program please let me know and I will create a second version of the files and put them in an uncompressed folder. It will take longer for you to download but it will allow you to get around what I think you are having trouble with.
    IGN: Celandine

I did download a file converter (un-zipper) and have the Hex Collection folder on my desktop - but when it comes time to copy the api.ini file into the Hex Program File - I can't find where to open up the Hex Program file like in the video - Macs run really easy, but you can't get into their file system very easy.

does this work on the newest verison of hex, just downloaded it and cant seem to make it work..

Quote Originally Posted by frexerik View Post
    does this work on the newest verison of hex, just downloaded it and cant seem to make it work..
    It should! With every new patch, you will need to copy the game data file as outlined in the readme/tutorial.

I cant make it work, the collection saver does not seem to create the 2 files needed for the doc.

Put the api file in the hex directory, copied the gamedata file from hex to the hexcollection data folder, run the exe, restart hex, nothin
    Last edited by frexerik; 04-07-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frexerik View Post
    I cant make it work, the collection saver does not seem to create the 2 files needed for the doc.

Put the api file in the hex directory, copied the gamedata file from hex to the hexcollection data folder, run the exe, restart hex, nothin
    todays patch has broken the api. we will have to wait until the next patch to fix that

Creator of shareyourdraft.com / Forum thread IGN: dBug Twitch: dBug404

Ah okay, thanks man! It was driving me crazy that i couldn't get it to work

Damn,...... I can't launch the exe file on my Win10 64 Bit PC even not in admin or compatibility mode...

Ive read in the readme that this occurs on some PC. Is there a workaround out there in the meanwhile?