Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game keeps crashing at this point

Game keeps crashing at this point

So I'm a new player and I just started the campaign, I run into this event and I keep crashing.

I use my Hero's power and it crashes every time.

I'm still crashing too. Usually hear my case fans ramp up and then after someone plays a card, it'll randomly crash same fashion. Using Windows 10, tried the various fix ideas posted to no avail. A reinstall helped for a day or two then it all came back again.

Hero of Adamanth
    Hello catpotle, there is a litlle chance i can help on this, but would you mind to share, what OS you have, how much memory, and what type of VGA card? Could you look into the windows eventlog, what is the entry there for the crash in the application log?

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Hello catpotle, there is a litlle chance i can help on this, but would you mind to share, what OS you have, how much memory, and what type of VGA card? Could you look into the windows eventlog, what is the entry there for the crash in the application log?
    Windows 10 64bit
    16gigs ram
    AMD Radeon HD 7800

Faulting application name: Hex.exe, version: 5.2.3.12579, time stamp: 0x56669b9c
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.122, time stamp: 0x56cc16f5
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00049f83
    Faulting process id: 0x564
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d17ccb56467e6a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HEX\Hex.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 672af626-fcd0-49c4-9ac3-249960f75e71
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hero of Adamanth
    Yep, sadly there is no solution for the ntdll problem yet. Maybe next patch?

Having same issue. Ntdll.DL crash during PvE or card manager screen of tournaments. Windows 10 AMD 390 i5 6600 16 GB RAM. Not fun to play at all right now. Tried a complete uninstall / install on solid state and hard drives. Every other game I have works fine.

Hero of Adamanth
    Interesting thing, that i had installed a windows 7 64 bit on my computer at home, which didn't crash neither with unity nor with ntdll. On the weekend i made a fresh install of win10, and i can welcome the ntdll crashes, yay! Same hardware... tried some this and that, running in win7 compatible mode included, but didnt help anything...

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Interesting thing, that i had installed a windows 7 64 bit on my computer at home, which didn't crash neither with unity nor with ntdll. On the weekend i made a fresh install of win10, and i can welcome the ntdll crashes, yay! Same hardware... tried some this and that, running in win7 compatible mode included, but didnt help anything...
    Do you think win7 can run Hex without crashes?

Hero of Adamanth
    I don't know Valnir. There is at least two different type of crashes. One of the Unity type of crash, which generate a crash-log folder under your HEX directory, and it's seems independent of OS, is most likely happens because not enough memory.

The other crash type is which comes with ntdll.dll error, and everyone who reported it (at least here, on this forums), reported from Windows 10, except one, who reported from Windows 8.1 @ Macbook.

Anyway, i will put back the windows 7, and will see what happening.