Thread: Shift Bug

Shift Bug

My opponent was attempting to shift an ability onto another creature, I responded as soon as I had priority by using throwback on the targeted creature. When they played the returned card, it had the shifted ability on it. This was in a draft round 1.

In this case, the troop should keep its ability, but lose the 1-shot ability. The act of transferring the ability means that if it can't give the ability to the other troop (because it isn't a valid target anymore by being in his hand), it won't lose it either. However, it shouldn't be able to shift it anymore, because he used the 1-shot.

So, if it kept the 1-shot ability, it's a bug, but otherwise it seems to be working as intended.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

I think OP is saying the troop received the shifted ability despite being returned to hand.

Ah sorry, I definitely misread. Yeah, that shouldn't be happening, I believe.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Fateanomally is correct. When the opponent re-played the troop I realized it had the ability on it. The troop with Shift didn't have the ability anymore. I didn't realize the ability would stay on it if the shift failed so I didn't think anything of it.

It's still considered a valid target in this game when it's put into hand and grave yard.

That should not be happening, but my initial tests haven't reproduced the issue. Can you tell me which troop with Shift it was? Is it possible the targeted troop was Quick and was immediately replayed?

It was a Crypt Shrieker socketed with minor ruby of flames. The shifter was Chimera Guard Fallen. Notably the Crypt Shrieker had already had the ability shifted onto it, and the Chimera Guard Fallen had been reverted using Knightsbane Ovo, and this was their second attempt move. When it attacked it had 9 power (2 base -1 from throwback +4 from chimera guard +4 from chimera guard) so it wasn't simply a visual glitch.

Maybe similar to a bug I saw yesterday where I couldnt respond to the shift from Chimera Guard Fallen. So the first time you have priority the shift has already occurred. This was onto a troop that had been transformed into spirit eagle if it helps, which I was planning to throwback! I had passed the turn via clicking. Proceed to End of Turn, then clicking proceed to move to next turn. I know theres been issues with the auto passing...

Yes, if it skipped when I could have responded that would explain it.