Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel of Dawn and Crazed Rummaging

Angel of Dawn and Crazed Rummaging

Can someone help me understand why this is not a bug? I contacted gameforge but they said it's working as intended.

If opponent plays Crazed Rummaging and the first card drawn is Angel of Dawn why doesn't it come in to play?
    Last edited by Kersed; 03-16-2016 at 06:30 AM.

As far as I recall Angel of Dawn does enter play. If not it certainly sounds like a bug to me.

Edit
    Last edited by Gregangel; 03-16-2016 at 07:10 AM.

The 3 cards are drawn all together not one at a time. So impossible to say which card was drawn first. So angel of dawn ability do not triggered

AFAIK "play this for free" triggers are bugged in general, so it's hard to say, if this works as intended.

What could be the case here: Angel allows you to play it for free, but it still is a troop and you can only play troops in your main phases.

Quote Originally Posted by eimerian View Post
    AFAIK "play this for free" triggers are bugged in general, so it's hard to say, if this works as intended.

What could be the case here: Angel allows you to play it for free, but it still is a troop and you can only play troops in your main phases.
    Angel of Dawn comes in to play on opponents turn when you cast instant spells to draw a card and when other players make you draw a card with cards like Psychotic Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    The 3 cards are drawn all together not one at a time. So impossible to say which card was drawn first. So angel of dawn ability do not triggered
    Not sure I think that's correct logic. if that was true then Angel of Dawn wouldn't come into play when using Epiphany on opponents turn since it wouldn't know which card you drew first.

Angel of Dawn ignores timing restrictions, since the game tells you to take an action (playing the card.) I don't know how Crazed Rummaging visually looks. It's possible that the cards drawn aren't displayed in the same order the client draws them? In which case you might think it was the first card drawn, but really it's the second or third?

Also, if it's discarded as part of Crazed Rummaging, then it's in the graveyard and you can no longer play it for free. I don't know if that was the case either.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

If Angel of Dawn was, in fact, the first card you drew during your opponents turn AND you had at least one Diamond threshold, then yes the Angel of Dawn should have been automatically played from your hand. And yes, if the first card you see enter your hand from Crazed Rummaging was an Angel of Dawn, then it was the first card of those three that you drew.

As far as I can tell from my testing, this is working properly and I cannot reproduce your problem. Are you certain there wasn't some other mitigating factor, such as a lack of Diamond threshold or a Cerebral Domination under your opponent's control?

Quote Originally Posted by eimerian View Post
    In what way, eimerian? I haven't seen any other recent reports of such bugs (with the exception of the interaction of "You may play this for free" and cards with X in their cost).

I was playing a mono Diamond deck opponent wasn't playing Diamond and they had Mindpyre in play.