Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    The problem is the lack of ability to match deck expectations in the casual environment i.e. a good kitchen table experience. Matching Rock Deck player with Rock Deck Player. Matching Competitive Tester with Competitive Tester. With Proving Grounds and the free tournament the OP describes is that players will have wildly different decks going in and be disappointed when tier 1 meets starter. If players could make their own tables with a name than there is a significantly better chance that people joining the "Highlander Jankbot" table will have similar expectations.
    I'm curious what that would do that asking for an opponent with the criteria you specified in chat would not.

The "tables" idea isn't bad, It juts seems like it's main advantage is that you can wait longer for an opponent without taking an action to re-advertise. I think a proper implementation would allow some level of automatic deck validation, so you could enforce the criteria.

System wise, you could probably get pretty far with a custom ban list and the ability to configure allowed shard grids like in PvE. But even that makes a much bigger project.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    I'm curious what that would do that asking for an opponent with the criteria you specified in chat would not.

The "tables" idea isn't bad, It juts seems like it's main advantage is that you can wait longer for an opponent without taking an action to re-advertise. I think a proper implementation would allow some level of automatic deck validation, so you could enforce the criteria.

System wise, you could probably get pretty far with a custom ban list and the ability to configure allowed shard grids like in PvE. But even that makes a much bigger project.
    Feel better to me that if you are looking for a "Rock league" game that you can put up a table to advertise that fact rather spamming chat or pestering people.

As for "automatic deck validation", some sort of custom game rules engine would be awesome. But it would expensive in dev time, basic table functionality is minimalist idea to fill the need with few dev resources. The proving ground screen already exists. Just adding a text box to when initiate a game and listing that text on game list seems pretty straight forward.