Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with the PvE rarity scale system?

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA

Post What's up with the PvE rarity scale system?

There's no PvE commons - why is that? I'd personally like to see a lot more rarity tiers in PvE so we can tell what's actually very rare - Lady Devonshire drops a lot less than Saarthu, Recruiter Ring is 10x or more it seems as rare as ardent chestplate.

Doesn't make sense to keep it to the same as the PvP rarities (minus commons for some reason...?) I'd like to see a lot more distinction so we can tell what's rare - you could keep the shard matrix the same for say, 3 tiers of legendary card but this would allow players to tell how rare it is a bit better (but not better enough to tell actual drop rate) - you can move it down/up these scales as necessary a lot easier. It would also give more flexibility in the crafting system later on. Maybe add 1-5 faded silver stars around the legendary icon?

I know this seems minor, but opening a Saarthu as a new player and seeing the AH prices must be super disappointing, especially when you realize 51p isn't its actual worth.

While I'm at it, a lot of these legendaries could do with a drop rate nerf (initially on patches too), especially if some sort of delay appears before the next PvE content it would be nice for them not to completely devalue. (See; Arena) While I'm aware new systems will be in play to balance this a bit better e.g. the crafting system it would be nice to know roughly what quantity of crafting materials you'd get for it later at a glance.

I'd also like if the drop rates get buffed/nerfed in a way that gets mentioned in patch notes that the rarity changes also downwards/upwards.

The lack of PvE commons was explained in one of the campaign article. They didn't want duplicates of effects which is why those PvP commons are in those packs in the first place.

Edit:

https://www.hextcg.com/pve-campaign-overview/
    "To speak to the common PvP cards, we wanted to be able to offer access to some basic building block commons (especially for players that are just starting out), and we don’t want to have double up on those simple designs, because that would allow players to run what would functionally be 8x of a given effect (say, Kill) in their deck instead of 4. Because the vast majority of value in a PvP pack is relegated to the Rare/Legendary slot, we felt that offering a subset of the commons from our PvP sets to the campaign experience would not affect the value of players’ collections."
    Last edited by ManofPeace; 03-20-2016 at 12:12 PM.

was also asked here; http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47953

https://www.hextcg.com/pve-campaign-overview/
    and we don’t want to have double up on those simple designs, because that would allow players to run what would functionally be 8x of a given effect (say, Kill) in their deck instead of 4.
    Also i don't think rarity for PvE matters a whole lot, except for the legendary items. Since rare and lower will be at the price floor, if not lower, anyway. (yes, a few rare items are still worth something now, but not for long)

edit: too slow, derp.
    Last edited by Salverus; 03-20-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Hero of Adamanth
    Well, i think the drop rate is random. I farmed the Dream instance for weeks, without getting any Enter the Dream. At a point i gave it up, and moved to farm Devonshire, and got a lots of Lady Devonshire. I didn't write up, but i got like 1 from 6 packs, i sold like 10 of them in the AH. Then my luck changed, for a while i was getting both Enter the Dreams and Lady Devonshire, and in the last 3 days i getting none of them.
    I think it's fine, it's good that there is PVE cards what can make some money for the PVE oriented players.

I don't particularly notice a lot more legendary cards dropping from Adventure chests than dungeon ones. It's just a larger quantity of those chests that drop.

If you look at the entire cardlist, there is actually one (1) common PvE card, but it doesn't drop. There have been intimations by one of the powers that be that it might later on.

A small handful of PvE commons could be pretty nice. I don't even look at those drop slots since nothing of value can drop in them.

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    I don't particularly notice a lot more legendary cards dropping from Adventure chests than dungeon ones. It's just a larger quantity of those chests that drop.

If you look at the entire cardlist, there is actually one (1) common PvE card, but it doesn't drop. There have been intimations by one of the powers that be that it might later on.

A small handful of PvE commons could be pretty nice. I don't even look at those drop slots since nothing of value can drop in them.
    I think the common PvE card you are talking about is from the tutorial and not part of any collection. I think they made a very good decision on nixing PvE common cards, though I was scratching my head on it until I read their explanation.

I don't think Lady Devonshire is any more rare than Saarthu. It is just that Saarthu drops form adventure packs which people get a lot more of. In fact I have yet to see a Saarthu after opening around 300 Adventure packs, got multiple copies of every other legendary though.

I'm at 80+ runs on Devonshire Keep, I have 3 playsets of every card from there except I have yet to pull a single Lady Devonshire. It's kind of mindblowingly bad luck on my end.
    In game: TheHollow (QotSA reference!) // http://tinyurl.com/TheHollowHex - My Trade List/Wish List!

Devoted Emissary
    i'd like to see more rarity tiers in pvp too, because holy ascension seems to be the commonest of legendaries (i've got 11) while synn seems to be the rarest of legendaries (i've got 1)
    king tier backer, catalan and european

Quote Originally Posted by Catalonia View Post
    i'd like to see more rarity tiers in pvp too, because holy ascension seems to be the commonest of legendaries (i've got 11) while synn seems to be the rarest of legendaries (i've got 1)
    are those statistics from draft or pack opening?
    i mean someone can pass a holy ascension, but no one will pass a synn.