Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Frost Arena - Deck Tierlist

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    I never found leeching blood deck fast, super consisten but not fast xD
    It's a 2x Easy to finish runs sub 45mins.
    Despite what the description on deck note says. It still feels quick for a blood deck

  2. #12
    i think regarding 'low cost' he means that in most games you never go beyond 3 resources, thus making adaptatron too expensive resource wise.

    Also i would suggest you to add a hex.tcgbrowser link to all decks, then you can just see in 1 glance what the deck contains and how many cards you are missing from it. If you go to a forum topic it always takes a bit to figure that all out, also in some topics several cards are misspelled.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    i think regarding 'low cost' he means that in most games you never go beyond 3 resources, thus making adaptatron too expensive resource wise.

    Also i would suggest you to add a hex.tcgbrowser link to all decks, then you can just see in 1 glance what the deck contains and how many cards you are missing from it. If you go to a forum topic it always takes a bit to figure that all out, also in some topics several cards are misspelled.
    link me to it and i'll add it. This project is already a considerable amount of work.

  4. #14
    Maggot Storm is at least Tier 5 (probably higher, but I'll leave that to nico) http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...t=maggot+storm

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantius View Post
    Maggot Storm is at least Tier 5 (probably higher, but I'll leave that to nico) http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...t=maggot+storm
    Please provide your rating - this is for the community, specially newer players, but I don't have time or the energy to play everyone's deck, but do have time to post their ratings. If there is a deck on the list you disagree with placement wise and you play it a lot, let me know. If it is a deck that hasn't been posted yet, submit it! I have the format for deck submissions at the bottom of the first post.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Please provide your rating - this is for the community, specially newer players, but I don't have time or the energy to play everyone's deck, but do have time to post their ratings. If there is a deck on the list you disagree with placement wise and you play it a lot, let me know. If it is a deck that hasn't been posted yet, submit it! I have the format for deck submissions at the bottom of the first post.
    No prob.


    Maggot Storm by Quantius (10 runs, 6-7 perfects, 100% completion on all 10 runs)

    2
    3
    2

    Threshold rating 7

    Budget 1 ($15 for base build)

    Difficulty 2

    Deck Rating: Tier 3
    While it qualifies for Tier 2, a new player may face a bit of a learning curve if they haven't played this type of combo deck before and it would underperform until interactions are learned esp against certain opponents like Warbot. Knowing when to hold instead of preparing set pieces as this deck can win from the hand after turn 4.

  7. #17
    Thanks! Got it, with a little editing. It's for newer players to get ideas from, but if the rating drops it in tier 2 from your perspective, it's tier 2. This should be as legit as possible so that no one is steered to play a deck they think is good that isn't. That's why we got arbitrary ratings for cost and difficulty to play, as it doesn't really factor into the decks score.

  8. #18
    Thank you Nico excellent idea making this thread and collecting the different decks and explaining them and comparing them how good they work for frost arena. Any chance for updating those "older" decks with new cards ?

  9. #19
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    257
    Why 3 difficulty for kindling gears? About the only decision is whether to waste a removal to pump a skarn or a Phoenix.

  10. #20
    Concurred with velk. Kindling Gears is pretty simple to play, which is part of the speed.

    I suppose I should update that thread with the post-AZ1 version I've been running, but it's changed to replace Kindling Skarn and Phoenixes with Adaptatrons and glove-equipped Dream Eagles. I've considered it caught between two points: slapping in those power cards is too generic a change to be noteworthy and, since the deck lost its namesake, it's not really a variant of the old one. I can still post up the new decklist I've got if people are interested.

    On that note nicosharp, I do think it's worth identifying which decks were made before AZ1. That's both because their card lists may not have taken AZ1 into account as well as the fact that the AI improvement that came with AZ1 made perfect runs quite a bit harder; someone reading those threads without keeping the date in mind may very well not notice those issues.
    Last edited by Kilo24; 03-21-2016 at 05:21 AM.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •