Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost Arena - Deck Tierlist

I have no idea how poeple can do 20/22 perfects even with drema dekcs thats almost alwatys that one or 2 gfights where draws just fails you;p
    Proud Champion tier backer

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo24 View Post
    Concurred with velk. Kindling Gears is pretty simple to play, which is part of the speed.

I suppose I should update that thread with the post-AZ1 version I've been running, but it's changed to replace Kindling Skarn and Phoenixes with Adaptatrons and glove-equipped Dream Eagles. I've considered it caught between two points: slapping in those power cards is too generic a change to be noteworthy and, since the deck lost its namesake, it's not really a variant of the old one. I can still post up the new decklist I've got if people are interested.

On that note nicosharp, I do think it's worth identifying which decks were made before AZ1. That's both because their card lists may not have taken AZ1 into account as well as the fact that the AI improvement that came with AZ1 made perfect runs quite a bit harder; someone reading those threads without keeping the date in mind may very well not notice those issues.
    Good points - can add to notes. True about kindling gears I guess. I'll lower the diff to 1 I guess? I still play the version I linked, and it's still almost always a perfect run. Some interactions to get skarns to transform and to get sunsoul's into play, reduced cost of slaughters' and knowing one gives the other speed, take a little effort to carefully plan out, but I play the deck so much now I can't say it's hard for me, I was trying to remember back to when I first played it.

If someone has a more modern version of a list they are playing, let me know, and I'll update one of the originals.
    Last edited by nicosharp; 03-21-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    I have no idea how poeple can do 20/22 perfects even with drema dekcs thats almost alwatys that one or 2 gfights where draws just fails you;p
    I do it with my dream deck because Draws are all the deck has.... <_<

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=56151

"Monowild Dinos", By: Servant-Rider

20 runs completed, Servant-Rider 3/21/16

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=61476
    2 3 2 / 3 2

Deck Notes: After grinding the cards for a Wintermoon constructed deck, I found that I didn't really care for my arena deck so I set out to building one that would more suit my play-style while keeping to a budget since the Wintermoon deck broke me. I found that dinos had a ton of synergy and I had grabbed a bunch of good ones already for the Wintermoon deck, so I started there.

After some testing I added the Adaptatrons to deal with War Bot, since I hadn't played much arena before and hadn't encountered him before testing the deck. After that I lost a couple fights to an opponents Inferno and one to Princess Cory getting a lucky Soul Armaments so I added the Return to the Soils as a backup plan. I've been pleasantly surprised at how often they're not a dead draw in other matchups.

One of the best pluses about this deck is the how many forms of battle it possesses. The opponent is rarely allowed to have a troop in play all the while you're keeping up the pressure. Depending on the draw, I can end the fight in 4-5 very one-sided turns.

Having a rough time finding out how to add equipment to the deck, but I'm using:

Gardener's Hat for Chlorophylia
    Predatory Boots for Predatory Prey
    Cog of the Machine for Adaptatron
    Dino Club and Bones Gloves for Ankylosaurus
    Fossilized Horn for Tricerobot

Very cool - thanks Servant-Rider and awesome first post. I'll add to tier 2, after chopping down your note - I heavily suggest dropping that entire note in your HEX TCG browser list.
    (your list is only 1x Blood (which is the best for budget, sorry - I think the rating stuff may need some further tweaking, but lower is better for the arbitrary ratings))
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant-Rider View Post
    Having a rough time finding out how to add equipment to the deck, but I'm using:

Gardener's Hat for Chlorophylia
    Predatory Boots for Predatory Prey
    Cog of the Machine for Adaptatron
    Dino Club and Bones Gloves for Ankylosaurus
    Fossilized Horn for Tricerobot
    There is an equipment tab on the TCG browser. Pretty easy to use once you get a hang of it. (You can even socket cards that have sockets on the main deck-list there)
    Last edited by nicosharp; 03-21-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Dino is definetly tier one deck if u have Savage lord equip and pack raptors

something like this ;
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=61495
    Last edited by Elwinz; 03-21-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    Dino is definetly tier one deck if u have Savage lord equip and pack raptors
    Eventually, as decks blur the same space, we will just have user voted best in theme - to identify the go-to list in that particular theme, and maybe at most, two additional links for best in budget, and runner-up in theme. The Beauty pageant of Frost Arena decks.

High Tomb Lord
    archmage deck:
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=35095

15+ runs

2x, 3x, 1x / 2x, 2x

-1 diamond - against aggro decks
    -2 ruby - it can take long to get it going
    -1 blood - the posted version is expensive... but you can replace devonshire for something better (crash of beasts) and it is aok
    +1 wild - sometimes you need to know how to mulligan because of aggro decks - thresholds
    Last edited by Saeijou; 03-21-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

High Tomb Lord
    the new version of "all color slaughtergear", is as good as the monoR version...

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=30056
    3x, 3x, 3x / 3x, 1x

25+ runs done
    all slaughtergear equipment besides bird-gloves
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King