Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping for Set 4 before [insert month here]

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    I don't understand why threads like these exist....
    Because the other one is obsolete unless set 4 is released within the next 8 hours. Didn't we already go over this?

Quote Originally Posted by KingGabriel View Post
    What's with the repeat post? http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=48483 if this was on the subreddit I'd probably remove it :P Things release when they're ready, yo.
    Then you should be removed as a reddit forum admin.

Sets need to be ready in almost half the time it's currently taking for this game to be successful.saying things release when they are ready is a very bad sign for longevity of the game

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    Because the other one is obsolete unless set 4 is released within the next 8 hours. Didn't we already go over this?
    This thread doesn't need to exist because the time frame still stands as early April and there's no signs that that's not going to happen. You don't need to 'hope' for something when every sign is pointing to it happening already

Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    Sets need to be ready in almost half the time it's currently taking for this game to be successful.saying things release when they are ready is a very bad sign for longevity of the game
    Launching things when it's ready is how nearly all continuously patching games work. The majority announce they are working on content and just use the word 'soon'. Then as it nears completion they give a more exact time but still no date such as 'winter' or sometimes an exact month then a launch date normally around a month before hand. (I emphasize that I am talking about online games here and not games which are generally finished on launch unless DLC is added).

Unrelated to the quotes but I want add this. People are stuck on the single track mind of it being nearly 9 months since a new set came out and ignoring everything that's happened in those 9 months so I'm going to remind everyone what they have done.
    • Made an infrastructure that supports large scale tournaments
    • Upgraded the engine the game runs on
    • Hosted their first large scale tournament including flying players out to another country
    • Made a tool to make set creation faster and more streamlined
    • Made basically the entire foundation for the MMO portion of the game (and the first chapter of it)
    • Resolved a lawsuit that had been looming over for the life of the game

All of those point towards planning ahead for the game. The 9 months wait is not that long if instead we were to keep getting 5+ month content cycles because they never gave the time to streamline it. Constant content launch is needed for a game to survive but without the content for players to start then the game would never get off the ground which is why they had to focus so hard on PvE.
    But nobody mentions this on the forums. Instead all they do is complain that it's been so long since set 3 came out when the game has progressed more than it has done in those 9 months than it had for the 2 years for it combined. They've done the preparations and now the gameplay content will come. The best thing the community can do to help is to wait for the next piece of content and if anyone brings up how long it's been since the last set to just remind them what has been done in that time because it's a ton

Set releases are much more needed than pve content for the game to survive Plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    Set releases are much more needed than pve content for the game to survive Plain and simple
    I am not sure if that is right, the game needs pve and pvp. Reeplay is right that the delay has been caused by the building ofthe infrastructure .

At this point I dont care about set 4 coming in 1, 2, 3 or even 4 weeks (still think 2 weeks max is the most realistic). The real test will be set 5. Set 5 must not take more than 5 months (maybe maybe 6 max).

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    At this point I dont care about set 4 coming in 1, 2, 3 or even 4 weeks (still think 2 weeks max is the most realistic). The real test will be set 5. Set 5 must not take more than 5 months (maybe maybe 6 max).
    If they pull off AZ2 in-between I'd be more than happy at a 6 month gap. Content farming on both ends is taxing. Revisiting the anticipated release structure of once every 4 months, might be a necessary evil. I remember when they first started talking about once every 3 months. What needs to be considered is that PvE should be part of the release structure/cycle. So if PvE is 2x a year, and PvP is 2x a year, that is a 3 month cycle/structure, and is still epic and commendable. Maybe finding other ways to bring $$$ in when PvE cycles are released will be the real trick for them staying above water financially and time-line wise.

::shrug::
    Last edited by nicosharp; 03-31-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    You don't need to 'hope' for something when every sign is pointing to it happening already
    hahahaha

heh. You're funny. Good joke.

It was mentioned months ago that set 4 was just waiting on art... then more recently just waiting on bug fixes. No moving the goal post by all of the things accomplished prior to that and saying it adds time. If all these extra things are going to push back sets then we'll never get to a new set every 4 months.

Set 5 would have to be "practically finished and just waiting on art" like last week if we are going to see it 4 months from April.