Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping for Set 4 before [insert month here]

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    It was mentioned months ago that set 4 was just waiting on art... then more recently just waiting on bug fixes. No moving the goal post by all of the things accomplished prior to that and saying it adds time. If all these extra things are going to push back sets then we'll never get to a new set every 4 months.

Set 5 would have to be "practically finished and just waiting on art" like last week if we are going to see it 4 months from April.
    It was waiting for art... But also for AZ1 to be finished, released, and have a maintenance patch or 2 delivered. Because Cory promised AZ1 before Set 4. I still feel confident we'll see Set 4 in the announced timeframe.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    It was waiting for art... But also for AZ1 to be finished, released, and have a maintenance patch or 2 delivered. Because Cory promised AZ1 before Set 4. I still feel confident we'll see Set 4 in the announced timeframe.
    Here's hoping for that Friday update Colin. I would be so pumped for it to be "set 4 releases next week". My wallet is ready to start being thrown at my computer monitor again for endless sealed gauntlet joy (and of course drafts it I can, but... time. Time is a cruel mistress that sealed gauntlets thankfully kept at bay). (Obviously hoping to see some profit from my excess set 3 cards if new meta-warping combos emerge, but with a new set I'm more than happy to splash hobby money to fuel limited fun!)

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    You don't need to 'hope' for something when every sign is pointing to it happening already
    Uhm, are you talking about Hex? Where were you in the last 2 years? Do you still takes anything said by the develpers by face value?

Launching things when it's ready is how nearly all continuously patching games work.
    Please, I hope you recognize that patching and content releases are completely different. Also, please make a small research how serious TCG games work. (it shouldn't take much time) PvE could mostly get away with random release dates, but for a healthy tournament scene players should be able to plan ahead with money and time.

People are stuck on the single track mind of it being nearly 9 months since a new set came out and ignoring everything that's happened in those 9 months so I'm going to remind everyone what they have done.
    Sorry, I don't want to be offensive... but I wonder why we always have a few apologists when somebody points out a problem regarding HEX. Criticism is not against the game, it's to urge it to get even better, so it could survive and even thrive. 9 month/set is totally unacceptable, and would absolutely kill any TCG's competitve scene in short order. And HEX gets money mostly from the PvP players.

(Also, I could comment on many of your list points, but I don't want to derail the thread.)

The moment I will stop complaining is the moment I dont care anymore for the game. I really do hope we will get set 4 this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    The moment I will stop complaining is the moment I dont care anymore for the game. I really do hope we will get set 4 this month.
    This so very much. The day I stop seeing complaints is the day I will truly fear for this game. This game has such amazing potential and is being developed by a truly passionate and awesome team. I am still hoping for the day I can sink stupid money into it but for now the development is still pretty slow.

I do think we will see this set this month and I think the announcement will be today or next Friday.

(Since the date and all. Not a joke this game is awesome!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    Yeah, too many people assume that complaints = hate on the game. It doesn't, it means that people care passionately about it and want to see it succeed/be better so that it can gain more audience.

Devs don't need cheerleaders. They need money. So buy plat if you want to encourage them. Sure it's nice to hear that you're work is appreciated, but it's nicer to have positive cash flow so that you can keep the doors open and hopefully grow your team - no amount of kind words will ever pay the bills.

Devoted Emissary
    To their defense, many players with the cheerleader attitude are big spenders and/or KS backers.

High Tomb Lord
    Speaking of Set 4 you think we'll ever get structure decks again?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Still no annnouncement...